Author Topic: Browsers  (Read 1878 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Browsers
« on: August 09, 2011, 01:20:34 PM »
As I said in the Anti-virus thread, this seems to pop up in other threads, so let's talk it out here in its own.

I was a huge Firefox fan, along with it's add-ons, (especially bbc code)
I am now using Chrome, but miss my customization and especially the bookmarks as a permanent sidebar. I hear that that will change in an upcoming version.
I am also looking into what add-ons there are.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
Re: Browsers
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 02:39:56 PM »
I liked Chrome for its speed, but frankly, Google's drive to be all over everything kind of creeps me out. I like Firefox, but I've been having problems with my computer taking forever for applications to shut off and squirrelly problems with certain keyboard commands while using Illustrator. I thought is was likely a font problem, and was going through the motions of turning off stuff and checking to see if the problems went away. Turned off Firefox and it all ended. I did like the "Download Helper" plug-in that lets you capture whatever video was playing at the time to save to the desktop. Right now I'm using Safari and everything is good.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline squeezee

Re: Browsers
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 04:47:28 PM »
Try Opera, it's customisable with extensions but seems to run a lot smoother than Firefox on my PC.
imagesetters for screenprinting  A Troll-free zone :-)