Author Topic: IC Legacy white, totally awesome!!!  (Read 12414 times)

Offline scott316

• !!!
Re: IC Legacy white, totally awesome!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2014, 08:39:52 PM »
What is the gallon and 5 gallon pricing like?

But we are always making deals pm or email me to talk more about pricing.
Scott Thompson
404-583-4903

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2014, 09:05:43 PM »
So I got in a 5er of International Coatings Legacy white through Spot Color supplies, the guys have been great to deal with, great prices as well!!! This ink is so dang creamy, so opquque. You can flash it with an IR flash 3 seconds on a cold pallet. It's killing the performance that we were getting from Street fighter white. Also, it cures lower so the girls are out there rockin out a job right now shirts flying through the dryer with a nice thick deposit, super super opaque! If you can get a sample of it, I highly recommend it over what we have been using. The past few whites were Street Fighter, Miami superior, Wilflex Echo, and Wilflex Quick. It's slamming all of those, "for us".  ;D

Oh no you didn't. I guess it's time to have a Miami superior/legacy white throw down.  Superior has blown all the things out of the water we've used with regard to opacity and after 100 shirts into a job last week we were flashing for .8 seconds for the base, and have passed it through 310 for bases at 10"/second. Guess it's worth a try.

Offline scott316

• !!!
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2014, 09:11:59 PM »
So I got in a 5er of International Coatings Legacy white through Spot Color supplies, the guys have been great to deal with, great prices as well!!! This ink is so dang creamy, so opquque. You can flash it with an IR flash 3 seconds on a cold pallet. It's killing the performance that we were getting from Street fighter white. Also, it cures lower so the girls are out there rockin out a job right now shirts flying through the dryer with a nice thick deposit, super super opaque! If you can get a sample of it, I highly recommend it over what we have been using. The past few whites were Street Fighter, Miami superior, Wilflex Echo, and Wilflex Quick. It's slamming all of those, "for us".  ;D

Oh no you didn't. I guess it's time to have a Miami superior/legacy white throw down.  Superior has blown all the things out of the water we've used with regard to opacity and after 100 shirts into a job last week we were flashing for .8 seconds for the base, and have passed it through 310 for bases at 10"/second. Guess it's worth a try.

I think we should give it a try!!! What's it going to hurt ?
Scott Thompson
404-583-4903

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2014, 11:39:23 PM »
$265 (or a deal that made it less) is pretty competitive for a creamy white.  I have been REALLY happy with triangle poly excel, but it is pretty pricy.  Flashes quick, not sticky, works on everything, easy as crap to print manually through high mesh, etc.

Offline scott316

• !!!
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2014, 07:50:31 AM »
$265 (or a deal that made it less) is pretty competitive for a creamy white.  I have been REALLY happy with triangle poly excel, but it is pretty pricy.  Flashes quick, not sticky, works on everything, easy as crap to print manually through high mesh, etc.

Well it sounds like the legacy white is what you are looking for. Email me or pm me about a sample.
Sales@spotcolorsupply.com.

We are getting great feed back on this white. We are now offering 100% money back on all IC inks. If you buy a gallon from us and you don't like it we will refund you a 100% of your money back.
Scott Thompson
404-583-4903

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2014, 07:51:01 AM »
can I return an empty gallon? ;)  if so I'll take 5 of them.

Offline scott316

• !!!
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2014, 07:55:26 AM »
can I return an empty gallon? ;)  if so I'll take 5 of them.

Haha sorry we can't do that one , but from what I am seeing you will be able to tell if you like it with in a few test prints.
Scott Thompson
404-583-4903

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2014, 12:06:51 PM »
I liked the gallon of Legacy I used.  I've used a bunch of whites and it's above average with everything.  I'm still using Tidy and likely won't switch until I find something better but I'll try anything.  I still like the Miami whites a lot and I'd think the Legacy is on par with them as far as quality goes.  The 711 is legendary and I'd love to know how many shirts have been printed with it.  Ryonet used to rebrand it and they sold a ton of it.  I've used about 10 gallons of it over the years and it was consistent so I'd imagine the Legacy will be as well. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline scott316

• !!!
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2014, 06:38:48 PM »
I liked the gallon of Legacy I used.  I've used a bunch of whites and it's above average with everything.  I'm still using Tidy and likely won't switch until I find something better but I'll try anything.  I still like the Miami whites a lot and I'd think the Legacy is on par with them as far as quality goes.  The 711 is legendary and I'd love to know how many shirts have been printed with it.  Ryonet used to rebrand it and they sold a ton of it.  I've used about 10 gallons of it over the years and it was consistent so I'd imagine the Legacy will be as well.

We have seen that the IC whites are consistent as well as the 7600 series. If you want to try anything just let me know.
Scott Thompson
404-583-4903

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2014, 07:34:54 PM »
Might need to try some out.  Is it similar to 711 now?  Last bucket of 711 I checked out was VERY low viscosity for a white.

I heard IC reformulated 711 several times during the pthalate craziness--I've probably printed a few hundred thousand shirts with that white, and back then, most of my work was ON whites.  I absolutely loved the stuff, till we got a very stiff bucket, and then a very loose bucket, and then we started buying something else.   I'm guessing they have the formulas nailed down now, and it isn't changing anymore?  I really miss the 'old' 711 when my new whites make me want to smack around reps... ;)

FWIW, I love their reds and blues, although they are a tinge too transparent for my tastes out of the bucket, they are pretty reasonably priced...

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2014, 08:12:11 PM »
It's nicer than the 711. Printed a bunch of jobs today with the Legacy, underbasing, 50/50's. Didn't pass the 100% poly test, didnt think it would, but its great on the 50/50's. Unreal how creamy it is.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline scott316

• !!!
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2014, 08:16:52 PM »
Might need to try some out.  Is it similar to 711 now?  Last bucket of 711 I checked out was VERY low viscosity for a white.

I heard IC reformulated 711 several times during the pthalate craziness--I've probably printed a few hundred thousand shirts with that white, and back then, most of my work was ON whites.  I absolutely loved the stuff, till we got a very stiff bucket, and then a very loose bucket, and then we started buying something else.   I'm guessing they have the formulas nailed down now, and it isn't changing anymore?  I really miss the 'old' 711 when my new whites make me want to smack around reps... ;)

FWIW, I love their reds and blues, although they are a tinge too transparent for my tastes out of the bucket, they are pretty reasonably priced...

The 711 white is a totally different IC white. It's the 711 classic and the legacy white.

A lot of the ink manufactures had a heck of the time when they started with the pthalate free inks. I remember the quick white was a pain for awhile.

Scott Thompson
404-583-4903

Offline scott316

• !!!
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2014, 08:40:10 PM »
It's nicer than the 711. Printed a bunch of jobs today with the Legacy, underbasing, 50/50's. Didn't pass the 100% poly test, didnt think it would, but its great on the 50/50's. Unreal how creamy it is.

I was wondering about the poly. I hear some customers say that they can make 50/50 whites print on 100% poly under the best conditions ,but that one time you don't get perfect conditions and mess up a bunch of shirts.
Scott Thompson
404-583-4903

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2014, 08:57:21 PM »
we gave the 100% a try. It was a red st350, notorious bleeder, double strokes, 2 second flash, pfp, dryer set at 310, temp on the ink road out at about 308 for 20 seconds.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline scott316

• !!!
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2014, 09:10:43 PM »
we gave the 100% a try. It was a red st350, notorious bleeder, double strokes, 2 second flash, pfp, dryer set at 310, temp on the ink road out at about 308 for 20 seconds.

That is some good  condition. Well at least we know now.
Scott Thompson
404-583-4903