Author Topic: IC Legacy white, totally awesome!!!  (Read 12603 times)

Offline Underbase37

Re: IC Legacy white, totally awesome!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2014, 02:08:40 AM »
I've been telling myself to try this for a while & haven't because l'm so stuck in my way :) I'll have to give it a try.

Murphy37

Offline scott316

• !!!
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2014, 07:30:44 AM »
I've been telling myself to try this for a while & haven't because l'm so stuck in my way :) I'll have to give it a try.

Murphy37

Just let me know what we need to do to get some of this white in your hands.
Scott Thompson
404-583-4903

Offline scott316

• !!!
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2014, 12:01:49 PM »
Wow what a great thread!!! Thanks to mike we sold out of the Legacy white. We will be getting a full stock on Monday. If any one else needs some please let me know.

For the people who haven't received the samples yet, we will be shipping them out once we get some more white in!!!  Just email me about samples please sales@spotcolorsupply.com

Thank you everyone for putting some time into trying out our product.
Scott Thompson
404-583-4903

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2014, 04:04:06 PM »
That's awesome Scott, glad I could help!!! We've been rockin the heck out of this stuff since we got it in, really lovin it!
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2014, 04:55:40 PM »
We tried some of this Friday morning & by the end of the day went through the whole Gal.
It did have a different body & different print characteristics to it than what we use now.
Good opacity & fiber mat down on a variety of blends and colors.
PFP & UB with good results.
Didn't get to use it with high mesh & fine detail yet.

Murphy37
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 04:57:54 PM by Underbase37 »

Offline scott316

• !!!
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2014, 01:20:24 PM »
We tried some of this Friday morning & by the end of the day went through the whole Gal.
It did have a different body & different print characteristics to it than what we use now.
Good opacity & fiber mat down on a variety of blends and colors.
PFP & UB with good results.
Didn't get to use it with high mesh & fine detail yet.

Murphy37

I am glad you guys liked it we have our full stock back in ready to ship. We can also do IC color matches now!!!
Scott Thompson
404-583-4903

Offline scott316

• !!!
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2014, 01:22:58 PM »
That's awesome Scott, glad I could help!!! We've been rockin the heck out of this stuff since we got it in, really lovin it!

I am glad you are lovin it so are we lol!

Side note all still good with the PHU emulsion ?
Scott Thompson
404-583-4903

Offline scott316

• !!!
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2014, 09:04:08 AM »
I hope everyone that requested sample received them. Let us know what you think about the Legacy white.

Scott Thompson
404-583-4903

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2014, 11:24:10 PM »
...just wanted to share with the board that this ink is THE DEAL. Ive never seen an ink this opaque, that clears clears so easily. Prints like a dream, NO JOKE. If it continues to perform as it has thus far, we have our new go-to white ink , hands down. Blows Streetfighter, Miami, Sprint, Quick, 711, QCM, all of em, completely out of the water. Worth every penny to get a sample from these guys.

...TRY IT!!!!!  8)  8)  8)  8)
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2014, 11:30:48 PM »
At least in my shop, it floods better and is creamier than superior and I imagine when in production would therefore print faster at lower pressure ... but I would have to beg to differ that it's more opaque than the superior ink or has the matte down quality that superior has, but it's certainly no slouch either, better than others we've used in the past.  It's certainly an ink that would be a go to ink for many shops, no doubt. Had no time to test the tack after flash or flash times. 

Offline scott316

• !!!
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2014, 11:42:32 PM »
...just wanted to share with the board that this ink is THE DEAL. Ive never seen an ink this opaque, that clears clears so easily. Prints like a dream, NO JOKE. If it continues to perform as it has thus far, we have our new go-to white ink , hands down. Blows Streetfighter, Miami, Sprint, Quick, 711, QCM, all of em, completely out of the water. Worth every penny to get a sample from these guys.

...TRY IT!!!!!  8)  8)  8)  8)

Sean
Glad to hear it worked out for you. I have heard all good news about this white. I am glad we have such a great ink line behind us now.  Can't want to see you next month!!!
Scott Thompson
404-583-4903

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2014, 12:09:21 AM »
This is a good-go to ink. Find myself going to it more already & have a lot of our other stuff to go through still, but liked it so much I already ordered some more. Good price too.

Murphy37

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2014, 12:15:20 AM »
So with all the rave I decided to give the legacy a shot... While the ink has way above average opacity it just didnt do it for me. I had a 3000 pcs run that I ran the ink on and I battled a few things with it. First being print squeegee speed I had to slow our stroke down approx 25% as the ink body was extremely full forcing me to slow the stroke in order to shear the ink. The next problem was flash time, on a job like this we usually dwell at under 1.5 sec flash time but we could never go under 3 sec dwell with this ink. The next concern for me was the ink likes to sit way on top of the fabric compared to what I like to see. The fibers were suspended in the ink and not matted down as much as id like to see. I went back to our normal white for the 2nd location for this 3000 pcs run which was on same screens(opposite side) and we were back to running faster with better matt down imo. Im def going to play more with the ink before making any conculsions but from the one job ran with it I wasnt jumping with joy... With every shop being so different it's hard to say what works and doesn't imo but this ink so far didn't give me the results I expected.  Sorry to derail the happy train lol
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2014, 12:57:36 AM »
So with all the rave I decided to give the legacy a shot... While the ink has way above average opacity it just didnt do it for me. I had a 3000 pcs run that I ran the ink on and I battled a few things with it. First being print squeegee speed I had to slow our stroke down approx 25% as the ink body was extremely full forcing me to slow the stroke in order to shear the ink. The next problem was flash time, on a job like this we usually dwell at under 1.5 sec flash time but we could never go under 3 sec dwell with this ink. The next concern for me was the ink likes to sit way on top of the fabric compared to what I like to see. The fibers were suspended in the ink and not matted down as much as id like to see. I went back to our normal white for the 2nd location for this 3000 pcs run which was on same screens(opposite side) and we were back to running faster with better matt down imo. Im def going to play more with the ink before making any conculsions but from the one job ran with it I wasnt jumping with joy... With every shop being so different it's hard to say what works and doesn't imo but this ink so far didn't give me the results I expected.  Sorry to derail the happy train lol

No derail. A 3sec. flash here too. It does sit on top of the shirt a bit more than what we have been using too. It did give decent fiber matte down for us. We have been using our white for so long we just started to try some other stuff out & have been liking it for some things over others, I also like the price. I can see if you are getting 1.5 sec. flash a big argument for not changing inks.
There are a few characteristics about this ink we don't like but I want to spend some more time with it to get a better feel for it, & try a few more things too.

Murphy37

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2014, 01:33:29 AM »
What ink are you using instead danny?