Author Topic: IC Legacy white, totally awesome!!!  (Read 12584 times)

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
IC Legacy white, totally awesome!!!
« on: March 31, 2014, 03:38:05 PM »
So I got in a 5er of International Coatings Legacy white through Spot Color supplies, the guys have been great to deal with, great prices as well!!! This ink is so dang creamy, so opquque. You can flash it with an IR flash 3 seconds on a cold pallet. It's killing the performance that we were getting from Street fighter white. Also, it cures lower so the girls are out there rockin out a job right now shirts flying through the dryer with a nice thick deposit, super super opaque! If you can get a sample of it, I highly recommend it over what we have been using. The past few whites were Street Fighter, Miami superior, Wilflex Echo, and Wilflex Quick. It's slamming all of those, "for us".  ;D
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Re: IC Legacy white, totally awesome!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 03:43:32 PM »
Is it cotton only or will it hold up well on troublesome 50/50 colors?

Offline sben763

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 04:01:15 PM »
If its the 711 legacy white its good for blends and cotton.  I have been using it for years with great results. I started with 711 7 years ago. Switched to Ryonet White, Excalibur, union, and a few others. It has held up the best. I have shirts I printed 7 years ago I wear every week that still look better then some of the other inks after 2-3 years.

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 04:13:53 PM »
If its the 711 legacy white its good for blends and cotton.  I have been using it for years with great results. I started with 711 7 years ago. Switched to Ryonet White, Excalibur, union, and a few others. It has held up the best. I have shirts I printed 7 years ago I wear every week that still look better then some of the other inks after 2-3 years.
Then I have to ask. Why did you switch?
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 04:15:52 PM »
here is a link to the full manufacturer specs. I've been told by a supplier to test it on 100% poly. Actually we are going to print on some jacked up jerseys today while we have it up on press, cure it, take it home and put through a couple loads of laundry tonight see how it does. But it even says on the spec sheet, 50/50 and poly, so we shall see. Right now we are running it on Gildan Dark navy and a very light stroke through 125 mesh, 3 second flash and then a second light hit and man it's solid white, no fibrillation, very soft and opaque. Lovin it!

http://www.iccink.com/pdfs/7014%20Legacy%20Wht%20Flyer.pdf

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 04:17:17 PM »
What is the after flash tack like?
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 05:26:32 PM »
it's not tacky at all, I just ran out there and touched it after index, warm, and dry. Pretty nice. We are printing a color right after the flash head and nothing is sticking, usually we battle that if we are forced the run a color right after the flash head, but this stuff is working really nicely.

Offline scott316

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 06:12:50 PM »
[/quote

The 711 is know as the classic white and the legacy white is a totally different white.  We are new to the international ink line so we are learning all the different whites they have to offer, but the legacy white seems to be the go to white. It's made for 100% cotton and 50/50.
Scott Thompson
404-583-4903

Offline scott316

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 06:29:11 PM »
So I got in a 5er of International Coatings Legacy white through Spot Color supplies, the guys have been great to deal with, great prices as well!!! This ink is so dang creamy, so opquque. You can flash it with an IR flash 3 seconds on a cold pallet. It's killing the performance that we were getting from Street fighter white. Also, it cures lower so the girls are out there rockin out a job right now shirts flying through the dryer with a nice thick deposit, super super opaque! If you can get a sample of it, I highly recommend it over what we have been using. The past few whites were Street Fighter, Miami superior, Wilflex Echo, and Wilflex Quick. It's slamming all of those, "for us".  ;D

I am glad you guys are loving the new white. We have been having a lot of great feed back from this white. It's a little higher in price than some of the whites you have listed above, but I think it's worth it!!

I tell customer all the time that it might be cheaper but if you have to fight with it and flash it more times are you really saving anything? Time is money !!!
Scott Thompson
404-583-4903

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2014, 06:38:46 PM »
I have to say Scott, when I opened the bucket and just saw how it was on the lid, I knew it was going to be nice and creamy. It glides with the flood bar so nice compared to SF. We did 5 jobs with it today, just loving it. Also when screens were being carded off, it came off so easy leaving very little behind, big time saver there. Normally we would use a clean up card to card the bulk off, then someone before de-taping would have the different colors with stiff scrapers to get the residual ink off if it was a thicker ink. This stuff is so creamy it won't even need it. Thanks for "pushing me" to try it out in prodcution.  ;D

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2014, 07:18:50 PM »
Awesome!  We tested it aswell from Brannon and Scott and will be getting a 5er as soon as my current one runs out.  I agree its super nice.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline scott316

• !!!
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2014, 07:21:17 PM »
I have to say Scott, when I opened the bucket and just saw how it was on the lid, I knew it was going to be nice and creamy. It glides with the flood bar so nice compared to SF. We did 5 jobs with it today, just loving it. Also when screens were being carded off, it came off so easy leaving very little behind, big time saver there. Normally we would use a clean up card to card the bulk off, then someone before de-taping would have the different colors with stiff scrapers to get the residual ink off if it was a thicker ink. This stuff is so creamy it won't even need it. Thanks for "pushing me" to try it out in prodcution.  ;D

Man that is all good news. When we first started with IC I thought the same thing when I opened the bucket. I am glad that you were able to put it to the test. Let me know what you think about it on 100% poly.

And for anyone thinking about trying it send me a PM.
Scott Thompson
404-583-4903

Offline scott316

• !!!
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2014, 07:26:06 PM »
Awesome!  We tested it aswell from Brannon and Scott and will be getting a 5er as soon as my current one runs out.  I agree its super nice.

That's also some good new man. We got all your stuff on ups today!!
Scott Thompson
404-583-4903

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2014, 07:57:30 PM »
What is the gallon and 5 gallon pricing like?

Offline scott316

• !!!
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2014, 08:10:17 PM »
Scott Thompson
404-583-4903