Author Topic: EPSON 3000  (Read 3529 times)

Offline sigmo

Re: EPSON 3000
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 02:38:37 PM »
Thanks for the invite and all the good words guys. I'd be glad to help in any way I can. I'm traveling the next couple days so internet is spotty. Sam, could you clarify your problem? Ebscreen was on it when he asked about drag lines and deflected nozzles.

The tried and true way to solve clogging problems is this:

Remove all four carts while the printer is on, THEN turn it off.
Turn it back on and reinstall the carts.
The printer will run for about 8 minutes as the lines, dampers and head are charged. It's like an 8 minute cleaning cycle.

If this doesn't help, then most likely the printer is in need of service.

As mentioned previously it could be the film. Manufacturers change formulas and resellers continue calling it the same name.

Ink could be a problem too. Switching ink brands without a purge can cause inks to contaminate each other with ill effects.

If you could post a pic it would certainly help.

I will save cleaning instructions for another post when I can pull up some old posts I've made and paste them in the message. I will say you can put ammoniated windex on the capping station and let it soak for a hour or two. Then try a purge.

Regards,
David Parker
503-875-5719 (cell phone)

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2011, 02:47:19 PM »
Dave...problem fixed...we just had a lot of gunk on the capping station thus dragging across the film.....

Glad to see you here..

Sam

Offline TheInkjetDoctor

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 05:33:46 PM »
We can help with epson 3000 advice, parts and repairs too. If you can remove the lid and clean the bottom of the heads and the capping station would help also. or you can use a little simple green on a small paper towel folded up in the middle of the track and drag the printhead over it with out dissasembly. To move the printhead start a cleaning cycle and when the head moves unplug the printer, now you can move the head left to right. You can call 916-726-4604 ask for Paul for more help

www.theinkjetdoctor.com
tech email to epson3000@comcast.net

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2011, 07:19:26 PM »
Welcome Sigmo....Mine is like the energizer battery its still going......... Glad to see all these experts to the board.