Author Topic: EPSON 3000  (Read 3528 times)

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
EPSON 3000
« on: August 11, 2011, 02:37:49 PM »
Getting some "spitting" on the film...is there a solution to this?  usually we do a cleaning but not making it any better...

come on someone has to have a good tip

thanks

Sam

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: EPSON 3000
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 02:51:41 PM »
Spitting how?

Like a hair dragged across the wet ink? (check bottom of printhead)

Like a nozzle is shooting off in a weird direction? (multiple cleanings in a row, maybe soak the pads)

If it's after a period of no use or low humidity, likely just a clog. If it's been getting regular use
keep in mind that the printheads do have a lifespan.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 03:00:12 PM »
print a full size sheet of black, that will clear it out.

or fill the docking station with windex

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 07:40:28 PM »
If the giant black print out does not work you may have to purchase some cleaner to run in the cartridge space where the black is. If it works and you do not have to do anything else then, do not turn the printer off it goes through a cleaning cycle while your away... I cover mine with shirt and put a damp sponge under  the shirt.. Not sure if it helps but it was what the builder told me to do. So far 6 yrs. and still going. If you still  have problems then call this guy he is a Guruu on them David Parker 503-692-4666

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 08:03:42 PM »
Yes, Dave Parker is who I bought my 3000 from.
Somebody should invite him to join here!
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline squeezee

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 03:42:07 AM »
New heads are fairly cheap for the 3000, you can also print from a different head - the cyan channel for instance.
imagesetters for screenprinting  A Troll-free zone :-)

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 07:01:14 AM »
Sammy,
The absolute best cleaning fluid I have fond is the cleaning fluid you get with the ink refill kits from staples. This is the little 5  bottle generic ink refill with CMYK ink and a pale pink cleaning fluid. When we worked on our 3000 we tried several cleaning fluids to cleam the heads and docking pads. The pink cleaning fluid is the only stuff we found that cuts the epson ink instantly.

The other problem may be the ink damper, there is one for each color the name kinda says it all, it may need cleaning. Also we had the same problem, could not solve it after several cleanings. By pure frustration I threw a water proof film through the printed and the spotting and streaking goes away. When I use non-waterproof film the spotting & streaking comes back??????? I am pretty sure you use non-waterproof film based on some work you did for me last year.
Lastly you can download epson manuals, instructions and maintenence manuals directly from epson web site.

mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 07:27:28 AM »
Fresh Baked what did Dave call himself? I cannot remember. I do not have his email if I did I would surley invite him..

Offline rushhourscreen

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 07:44:08 AM »
Fresh Baked what did Dave call himself? I cannot remember. I do not have his email if I did I would surley invite him..

Sigmo

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 08:22:35 AM »
Yeah, that is why I don't care for WP film, why is it that it won't streak, but non-WP will?  It has to be from ink spread..that is the only thing I come up with.

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 08:50:51 AM »
4parker@gmail.com
He also has a website now, http://sigmowiggy.com

Hey admins, should an official rep ask him to join here?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 09:00:49 AM »
I'd like to see an expert of some sort on inkjet printers, it would be a great addition to this crew.

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 09:14:29 AM »
hey is great...I have gotten 3 printers from him...great to work with as well...he would be a great addition here...

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 10:13:16 AM »
4parker@gmail.com
He also has a website now, http://sigmowiggy.com

Hey admins, should an official rep ask him to join here?

the way we see it, this is OUR place, so really anybody can invite Dave over! It does not take an admin to do so.

I would also like to add that "squeezee" is one of the first members of this forum and sells RIP software and printers in UK. Most definitely an expert when it comes to ink jets.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 10:15:45 AM »
I just sent him an email.