Author Topic: Prochem HXT CCI  (Read 9709 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Prochem HXT CCI
« on: April 10, 2014, 02:57:29 PM »
CCI rep Michael Hunt stop by the shop yesterday and drop me off a few samples, and one was a qt of Prochem HXT....I will say this about the stuff it drop my exposure from 3 minutes to 1 mintues with a 50 LPI halftone on 230 white mesh and this on and older point light unit not bad.  You it makes me wonder sometimes if there samples aren't really jacked up to do really good then you buy the gal and it sucks not that ole Micheal and CCI would do this, but this stuff works way better than the QX1 I'm using now.   He also said that this HXT can be use straight out the can for DC, and waterbase with a little hardener wipe on it, I think some of you might already use this stuff.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: Prochem HXT CCI
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 03:36:58 PM »
Hope he never goes by "Mike" :)
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 04:43:15 PM »
Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 05:07:45 PM »
D, that stuff has a very wiiiiiiiiiiiiide exposure latitude for sure! Hit it longer in your unit if you want to discharge with it and it will hold up like a soldier, that's the trick with that stuff. Slow coat to avoid pin holes. We love it for discharge printing!!!!!
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 05:22:15 PM »
...Mike and I worked at the same shop for a while, before he got into sales. When I started at that place and were introduced, the owner (a female), said " Sean, this is Mike Hunt". I was sure I was falling for some cruel hazing joke, but nope....That's really Mike Hunt!!!

;D
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline sben763

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 08:58:28 AM »
Darryl  have you ever tried the PFX-HV or the Ryonet HI-FI(same stuff). If so how does this compare. I recently got 2 gallons and I have to get the humidity in the lower 30's.  Something has changed and it temperamental. I thought maybe old but has a fresh date. Ordered before freezing temps. I went and pick up the CCI branded and same thing.  Looks like its back to Saati Chem PHU.

Offline noortrd

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 02:22:26 PM »
Hxt use with diazo work best for water based. Without diazo its cracks

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 02:36:52 PM »
@ sben763 nope hadn't use that stuff before, but I did use a diazo brand from CCI and did not like it at all, it jelled up on me in like 3 months even storing in the frig, so I 'm back with Image mate 521 very good stuff and last a long time.

Darryl

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 02:38:52 PM »
Hxt use with diazo work best for water based. Without diazo its cracks

Dude, you aren't exposing it long enough!!! Over 100 gallons have been used here, never breaks down, surly never cracks.

Offline noortrd

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 04:08:26 PM »
electrcity rate too high in pakistan. 3000 wats 7 minutes cost 25 dollar.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2014, 04:57:24 PM »

i would be using the sun and call it a day.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2014, 12:10:13 AM »
Wow!

Time to look into LED!
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2014, 04:49:53 PM »

WOW that is crazy, so sorry to hear that. Man, need to find you a super super fast exposer than!!! Maybe look into the LED unit for the future, or go CTS and use the sun.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2014, 06:10:01 PM »
I tried the HTX from a small sample a rep dropped off. I was hoping for much more from the emulsion after hearing good things here:(  In it's defense we were only given a qt. so it was harder to judge...

We have actually began using the Murakami SP-1400 lately and really liking it!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2014, 07:35:01 PM »
The only thing I can think of that anyone is having an issue with is not exposing it long enough. I just loaded up a screen that has been used in production 4 times, probably 2,000 or so strokes on it, washed out with the pressure cleaner all 4 times, tape removed and re-taped and the stencil is still perfect. When I say exposing long, I mean way long. Like triple the amount of time, but truly, if you have good luck with another emulsion for WB go with what works for you. After some emails with Alan B from Murikami, he thinks that our 3k tri-light is the reason that we couldn't have success with HVP/diazo. I guess 6k or higher to get the proper cross link with that stuff. Out of everything we tried though, for our exposure unit, either HXT or Nova with diazo is currently our choice. I haven't had any huge discharge orders to warrant the use of Nova right now, anything under 1,000 piece order I'm totally confident with HXT. I just wish other's were able to have the success with it that we're having. I just tried another emulsion in place of Chromablue for plastisol printing, but it was an epic fail. The sample sent was great, but then getting in the big pail of it, lot's of issues, so back to Chromablue. I guess you find the product that works best in your environment and stick to it. So much time can be lost as well as money and headaches tyring something else when what you had was just perfect.

Back to the HXT. Another thing in there with our exposures to consider is that we are using a DTS. So there is obviously no film or glass to contend with. Maybe that is a big factor that we dont' even consider with the successful final stencil. I've exposed it in the sun too, amazing with the I-Image how there was zero undercutting and the stencil held up awesome!! No issues.