Author Topic: Illustrator help  (Read 2976 times)

Offline Boldline

Re: Illustrator help
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2014, 08:38:50 PM »
When I worked in a shop that used both Corel and Illustrator, it was always bad news trying to import an Illustrator file into Corel that contained any gradients, clipping masks, transparencies or fades... When we sent jobs out to a local printer who used Corel, I often left the gradients a solid off-color and sent along a jpeg proof to show how the gradient, etc, was supposed to look. Then the printer would recreate the effect. If I needed to move it into Corel myself, I'd do the same thing... eliminate any special effects and then import it and reapply.
Mat Woodworth
Bold Line Design
www.boldlinedesign.com
twitter: @boldlinedesign
facebook: www.facebook.com/boldlinedesignllc

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2014, 09:23:19 PM »
When I worked in a shop that used both Corel and Illustrator, it was always bad news trying to import an Illustrator file into Corel that contained any gradients, clipping masks, transparencies or fades... When we sent jobs out to a local printer who used Corel, I often left the gradients a solid off-color and sent along a jpeg proof to show how the gradient, etc, was supposed to look. Then the printer would recreate the effect. If I needed to move it into Corel myself, I'd do the same thing... eliminate any special effects and then import it and reapply.

...yeah, but that guy is a total jackass!....... ;D
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline Boldline

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2014, 09:58:08 PM »
that's why I kept it anonymous! :P

Mat Woodworth
www.boldlinedesign.com

Mat Woodworth
Bold Line Design
www.boldlinedesign.com