Author Topic: Change OFM file to DST?  (Read 7758 times)

Offline Admiral

Change OFM file to DST?
« on: May 05, 2014, 12:05:32 PM »
I received an OFM file (Melco embroidery file) and use DGML and Tajima machines.  Can someone convert this OFM file to DST?

or anything else compatible with DGML?

PM me your email address if you can as I would rather email it...

Thanks

Offline Admiral

Re: Change OFM file to DST?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 05:21:36 PM »
Anyone? I assume the OFM is an outline format and I just need the stitch format of it?

DGML can open EXP and CND formats as well? I assume that's the native stitch file extension...

Offline shellyky

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 08:05:50 AM »
i used melco last year i could have helped but after i installed wilcom, i can't open it anymore (dongle issues)..."ofm" is the editable version ....like the "EMB or PSD" version of a file...

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 10:03:21 AM »
get this solved? I may be able to help.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 10:47:25 AM »
I have Pulse too, if you can not open it, I can not either.

Also, if you can get EMB file from someone, that will work better than DST. EMB can be opened by Pulse and it still retains some of the editable features, not like DST.

Offline Admiral

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 02:48:17 PM »
Well this whole thing didn't work out thanks for the help though to those who tried.

This is from our embroidery partner who we no longer send business to since all of the work is done in house now.  I emailed him the formats I could use and she sent me a 'dsts' format which I have no idea what that is but it also doesn't open with DGML. 

I'm sending it out and getting it digitized again.  This is something we already had the art for and had her get digitized 2 years ago but somehow she can't give me the correct type of file.

Offline Lizard

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 10:39:33 PM »
Send it to me if you still need help.
Toby
 Shirt Lizard Charlotte, NC 704-521-5225

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 11:12:36 PM »
Well this whole thing didn't work out thanks for the help though to those who tried.

This is from our embroidery partner who we no longer send business to since all of the work is done in house now.  I emailed him the formats I could use and she sent me a 'dsts' format which I have no idea what that is but it also doesn't open with DGML. 

I'm sending it out and getting it digitized again.  This is something we already had the art for and had her get digitized 2 years ago but somehow she can't give me the correct type of file.

Could this be anything like the suggestions to send requested screen print art to custys as low rez jpgs or films shrunken in the dryer?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Admiral

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 03:34:37 PM »

Could this be anything like the suggestions to send requested screen print art to custys as low rez jpgs or films shrunken in the dryer?

She just needs to retire.

She is very bad with computers.  The grammar and format of her emails is funny.   Instead of replying back to my email asking for the file she emailed someone else from the company the OFM file that started the fun.

The job is being stitched right now though and I have the new digitized file which works great. 

I understand some customers being a pain to deal with but other printers / embroiderers shouldn't be this difficult.