Author Topic: Ash shirt Scorching?  (Read 1206 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Ash shirt Scorching?
« on: May 05, 2014, 01:21:12 PM »
 I'm having a problem with ash grey from gildan hoodies right on to there t-shirts,  we did a run of Tees and hoodies mix colors and only the ash grey got scorched only during flashing (we use a quarts flash).  This has happen in the pass also when we printed ash, any of you had this problem with ash grey in gildan or any other ash grey brand?

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Ash shirt Scorching?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 01:52:10 PM »
I'm having a problem with ash grey from gildan hoodies right on to there t-shirts,  we did a run of Tees and hoodies mix colors and only the ash grey got scorched only during flashing (we use a quarts flash).  This has happen in the pass also when we printed ash, any of you had this problem with ash grey in gildan or any other ash grey brand?

Darryl

YUP, all kinds of problems with ash at a time. We just treat them as poly now as far as the temps are concerned!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 02:08:11 PM »
Yep.

We do the same as Pierre.

Low power/raise flash for our quartz units.  Gentle flashing.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 02:10:59 PM »
same here, we turn the quartz to .5
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 02:33:16 PM »
So, is it the little bit of poly that is always in heathers that is making the trouble?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 03:03:13 PM »
Thanks, good to know it just ain't me having this problem, and yes I adjusted the flash temp for the grey and problem went away, but when you have a good amount of shirts running with all different colors I tend to forget.  Buying replacement shirts though will teach me to remember that next time.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 05:55:39 PM »
It is the poly used in the garment. 

Why it happens most often on ash and not the darker variants, I do not know.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.