Author Topic: ISS Nashville Review  (Read 1576 times)

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
ISS Nashville Review
« on: May 11, 2014, 03:24:27 PM »
First off thanks ISS for bringing the show to Nashville!  It was however a good bit smaller than I imagined it would be.  With that said, almost every brand you can think of was represented there, they just did it on a smaller scale.  I met a lot of people from TSB and that was a highlight!  I took my own emulsion, my own film, and my own file to truly test the Starlight, and the I-image, and guess what....they win!  Pierre was nice enough to help with the tests on my stuff and the conclusion is...there is a new I-image and a Starlight w/the new conversion kit headed my way 8)  Spent a lot of time with 244 on Friday and Saturday and what can I say, our industry would be at a HUGE loss without this guy.  Although we don't print manually at my shop, I took the time to go over the Kruzer with 244 and it is solid!  The spring system is far superior to any manual I have ever used, no flex in the arms.  Danny G, your prints were all over that place!  Nice stuff when you post here, but even nicer in person.  Spent a good amount of time talking with Dan aswell, cool dude!  Met TCT, Flying Colors, Mr Tees, some others, sorry I am forgetting others I know.  I even had a good chat with Jason Rodriguez!  That's right, I gave him some pointers to clear his name, I hope he follows through.  CCI Gary Fox and his both were a big success, what a stand up guy, a lot of people in this industry could learn a thing or two from him.  CCI has another emulsion that's 1 part, exposes 5 times faster than WR-14, but the samples were gone by the time I got to his both.  A little birdy told me that a BUNCH of new emulsions that hold up to anything will be introduced soon, almost every company are in the testing stages and it will be so much easier for all of us pretty soon.  I am sure I will think of more later.  One more thing, Alex M from M&R, you are a gentleman and a scholar sir, thank you so much.  And look out SGIA, cool stuff to make its debut there.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 07:35:14 PM by dirkdiggler »
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
Re: ISS Nashville Review
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 03:41:29 PM »
Man you know how bad we wanted to go to this, but this past we was our biggest work week yet, pulling all nighters ect. Awesome to hear you are getting an IImage you are gonna love it. Looks like Niki and I are going to plan a trip to M&R when we know 244 will be around. Super cool that you got to meet more guys from the board.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 04:37:16 PM »
I too am very sorry I missed it. I had high hopes of being there. Great to be busy, bust sure sorry I missed everyone
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 05:21:41 PM »
It was cool to have it in Nashville! And as usual double cool to meet up with everyone! Like dirkdiggler(thought it was extra funny when you had to semi- explain your name)  said it was kind unfortunate how small it was. Would be real nice if it be came the second largest of the shows... Sure has the space, and no matter what your fancy there is a TON to do post show!

Always a fun time meeting up with members and putting faces with names. Not sure if it happens for others but I especially think it is crazy to see what people actually look like compared to what I have imagined what they look like!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline CGS

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 10:59:12 PM »
I had an employee who happened to be there on vacation this week and stopped by the show Thursday. Said it was smaller than AC, where we always attend, but has potential to grow. Nashville is a nice little town for food and good music even if you're not a country music fan. Maybe ISS can schedule it a week later next year so it doesn't conflict with the universities graduation and avoid the overpriced rates.....

Offline Alex M

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 01:57:15 PM »
It was great to meet you as well!
Let me know when the i-Image gets there!
Alex Mammoser
Director of Sales
Easiway Systems
Mobile: +1 630 220 6588
alex@easiway.com

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 02:01:38 PM »
I like the location obviously since its somewhat not a bad drive.  I enjoyed it and hope it grows.  Was nice that it was smaller in some ways as I had time to catch up with a few people. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline ISSTeam

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 10:21:53 AM »
Thanks everyone for the great feedback! We had a fantastic time in Nashville for the first ISS show! We had 175 booths with 105 exhibitors! And that will be larger in the years to come. We look forward to seeing you again in Nashville next year or at any of our other shows! Check out our website at www.ISSshows.com to see our full schedule.
Also, check out a picture of our aisles, there was definitely business being done!
See you soon!
Erin
Erin Cianciolo
Senior Account Executive
ISS Shows