Author Topic: looking for help with settings on a Graphtec  (Read 2041 times)

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
looking for help with settings on a Graphtec
« on: May 16, 2014, 05:27:20 PM »
I have a Graphtec FC8000 and also a CE6000. We primarily cut heat transfer vinyl and that works great. I find that I am having a very tought time weeding sign/window decal vinyl. It's not so bad for larger signs. But we get occasional orders for large quantities a decals. We just got 2 orders for 500 decals at approximately 6"x2". The weeding is killing us. We have to go super slow as it wants to pull everything up. We are using Oracal 651. I'm assuming my settings are not correct. Where should the force/speed/offset be? Help!

Thanks!

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
Re: looking for help with settings on a Graphtec
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 11:30:35 AM »
It depends how are you sending it.
Try downloading Cutting Master 3. It is improved version to CM2. It has control panels on the right (At least on Mac).

You can set all of that in there. Also, make sure that you blade does not stick out too far out from the blade holder. You might be cutting too deep and that will cause issues.

Offline StuJohnston

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 11:36:47 AM »
Cutting master 3 also has a fair amount of presets too.

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 03:04:32 PM »
I'm using the vinyl express lxi software. I know that when I downloaded cutting master I had trouble getting it to work. Is it better? What type of presets are we talking about? Do these override the control panel settings on the plotter itself?

I could be to far out with my blade. What is the rule of thumb for it?

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 08:07:35 AM »
I'm using the vinyl express lxi software. I know that when I downloaded cutting master I had trouble getting it to work. Is it better? What type of presets are we talking about? Do these override the control panel settings on the plotter itself?

I could be to far out with my blade. What is the rule of thumb for it?

CM has an option to set your plotter settings right from the software. In fact it has more options than the plotter itself does.
"No man is an island"

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 09:15:26 AM »

[/quote]

CM has an option to set your plotter settings right from the software. In fact it has more options than the plotter itself does.
[/quote]

Very good to know. Looks like I'm going to have to put some better time into getting that installed.