Author Topic: White ink left overs  (Read 1605 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
White ink left overs
« on: June 03, 2014, 01:25:06 PM »
Like most of you I've tried many different brands of white inks and now have samples, half gals, qts of white ink everywhere..... just thinking what would happen if I just mixed them all into one gal, I'm I asking for trouble?  Might mix some and test on my own shirts...

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: White ink left overs
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 01:30:57 PM »
Part of me says don't do this however there might be some safe applications. Hi white for sim process for instance.
Dangerous as a UB

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 01:32:31 PM »
don't mix them, just use up the buckets.

If you are talking about scraping the bottoms, I would not.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 02:45:35 PM »
Whats it going to hurt. If there is not enough of each one to use. They why not mix them up. I have done that with some whites in the past. Test them first before using them on customer shirts. Just don't mix any dried out inks. If they are good flowing inks mix them up and get them out of your way.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 03:00:22 PM »
Whats it going to hurt. If there is not enough of each one to use. They why not mix them up. I have done that with some whites in the past. Test them first before using them on customer shirts. Just don't mix any dried out inks. If they are good flowing inks mix them up and get them out of your way.

opacity, bleed and cure temp issues. If one cures at 275 and another at 320 you'll overcook the first one. Low bleed is another issue, it would be good for cotton only unless they are all lo bleed, and even then I would not trust them, so back to cotton only. And then the customer calls and wants a repeat and your white is blue tint on one shirt and yellowish color on the new order. . . for few bucks, it's not worth the headache.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 03:29:44 PM »

opacity, bleed and cure temp issues. If one cures at 275 and another at 320 you'll overcook the first one. Low bleed is another issue, it would be good for cotton only unless they are all lo bleed, and even then I would not trust them, so back to cotton only. And then the customer calls and wants a repeat and your white is blue tint on one shirt and yellowish color on the new order. . . for few bucks, it's not worth the headache.

pierre

I agree with everything that Pierre just said except the cure temp and everything else will be a average of the inks mixed. So if you mix a 275 cure with a 320 cure ink you get a 297.5 degree cure. So its not as big a deal as you may think. Now would I use this ink on a picky customer...no but I would a every day guy that needs what ink on black shirts.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 10:53:21 PM »
One thing I have done in the past when I have ink I will never use or stuff like that, I have posted it for FREE here or on the other forum that has turned into DTG town ;D but I have said it is free, just send me your UPS number and it is all yours. I feel much better about that than just throwing stuff away.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 11:01:05 AM »
We give it to the schools & hobby printers that we burn screens for.

Murphy37

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 08:06:52 PM »
been doing it for YEARS!  Use it as a high light white until its gone.  Never had a problem.  We are talking cotton shirts here.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender