Author Topic: Here is my Reggie System Pic's  (Read 4966 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Here is my Reggie System Pic's
« on: June 23, 2014, 05:38:11 PM »
The pallet is an old pallet I had left over from my old Multi printer, I bought some parts from Anatol to get this pallet to bolt on and lock in and the pc that glide the screen in place are wedges use to lock in the arms on the anatol side clamp ( bought 3 of those...I might have 20 dollars in the unit and if you count the film locator which is made from plexiglass and wood for now $45.00 dollars max.  if you see anything that I might have miss or can improve it let me know.
Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: Here is my Reggie System Pic's
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 05:49:33 PM »
It really is that simple.  If your stop blocks on your FPU match the pallet jig perfectly then you'll get near perfect to perfect results on press.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 06:01:24 PM »
thanks, I'm going to change the wood on my FPU to metal so I know it is solid and square even though the wood is working pretty good.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 06:37:43 PM »
See this is what i have a hard time figuring out!

How do we build stop blocks that match on a pre press set up, as well as on press/!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 06:52:19 PM »
When I do mine it will be with a CNC machine :D
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 07:05:52 PM »
I set up a six color job I printed last week before I built this today ( had to wait on parts) and since the film were pretty much in the same place on all the screens I set it as fast I could spend the table to the next head and only had two color off by a little, the key now is to line all my film up correct on my FPU better and I think I'm set.

Darryl

Online TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 07:34:04 PM »
That is awesome Darryl!!! Very nice job!!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 08:58:19 AM »
See this is what i have a hard time figuring out!

How do we build stop blocks that match on a pre press set up, as well as on press/!

Looks great Darryl!

This might start an argument, but as long as BOTH sets of stop blocks are rigid, SQUARE, and touch the frame around the same point along the frame, that's all you need. These 3 point registration jigs rely on ALL the frames in the job being square.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 09:21:01 AM »
That's another advantage of  "X" roller frames and the Tri-Loc. The nubs on the corners are all that touch. It's all relative.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 09:22:02 AM »
That's another advantage of  "X" roller frames and the Tri-Loc. The nubs on the corners are all that touch. It's all relative.

Exactly!

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2014, 09:54:48 AM »
Looks good Darryl! Any reg system is better than not one at all.
Dale Hoyal

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2014, 11:10:36 PM »
I've posted mine before and you guys are probably tired of seeing it, but it's pretty basic and works like a charm.  Posting again in case anyone has not seen it and is interested in making one.

I do make my own platens out of MDF and skin with Formica so the basic start (manual press) is nothing more than an over size platen with a blank film taped down with registrations as a master guide. 

Line up image films on top, match to the registrations and tape (ever so little) just to keep film from moving.  Add 2 small pieces of double sided tape, slide a screen into the 3 points, press down and lift up.  Take to exposure unit. 

Since everything is lined up relative to the original blank registration film taped to the platen, even differences in screen sizes make no difference.  I could mix screen sizes as long as the image falls inside the frame. 

For press setup, take the screens back to the same platen, slide the screens into the same 3 points and clamp down each screen in the print.  It's a manual press, but the registrations might need just a bump, but likely not.

Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers