Author Topic: M&R Red Chili D  (Read 5294 times)

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
M&R Red Chili D
« on: July 01, 2014, 05:49:11 PM »
Figured I'd share that we just installed the newest red chili "D" flash in our shop(today was our first day using it) and I can say that it's awesome. More specifically the temp sensor that reads the garment works perfect. I've tested heather grey tri blends today, waterbase prints, etc....... It totally kicks butt so if anyone is looking at new flashes I would give the "d" version two big thumbs up.

I will have 3 regular red chili flashes for sale soon as I'm def. going to upgrade all my flashes in my shop to the new d style. If anyone is interested before I put them online for sale let me know.

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
Re: M&R Red Chili D
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 06:15:40 PM »
I was just telling someone that Rich had told me about this a while back. Sounds like a nice nice flash unit!
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 06:54:05 PM »
Yeah man today we ran a couple jobs with it and set the auto temp shutoff. As we printed the job the flash automatically pulled time out to keep the perfect flash time. We were gelling our prints from the first shirt to the last shirt and didn't have to touch the time on flash or anything for that matter. Once we have more time with it under our belt I'll report back but right now this thing really really is doing good for us. The last couple years we have battled printing heather grey tri blends when we have to flash but this new d unit worked perfect on them. I'll be switching everything to them if all goes well because it's super production friendly.
Danny Gruninger

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 07:08:33 PM »
That's pretty awesome dude!!!!
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 07:59:33 PM »
Great feature for sure..  Is it integrated with the press to speed up indexing as the flash gets quicker?

Congrats on the new toy. 
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 08:51:09 PM »
What's the price like on this unit?

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 10:15:12 PM »
I have wanted that feature so badly for so long great to see m and r successfully pulled it off I heard the earlier versions of this, from all different brands , weren't very accurate or useful.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Online Admiral

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 11:04:10 PM »
We ended up with one of the first ones and it's pretty awesome.  Did have to have the sensor replaced because it for some reason failed but it's been working fine ever sense.

I thought the Cayenne D worked the same but it doesn't work as well and so we are getting another Red Chili D to replace it.  It's too user friendly and easy to flash things correctly with it to not have matching Red Chili D's.

It's like when we went from a standard infrared flash on the manual to a swing away with timer to flash correctly but even better...

It's nice to take away variables and make the operator's job easier.

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 12:29:42 AM »
I have not seen the "D" yet. Does it look about the same? I heard about this a while back & was trying to find out about retrofitting/upgrading our reg. Chilli's. I contacted m&r, sent a few emails, but it dead ended & I just took that as a no....having an auto sensor would be flipin awesome. Can you set the bulb intensity?

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2014, 02:13:49 AM »
Quote from: Underbase37 link=topic=12266.msg116148#msg116148 date=14wouldn't 2
I have not seen the "D" yet. Does it look about the same? I heard about this a while back & was trying to find out about retrofitting/upgrading our reg. Chilli's. I contacted m&r, sent a few emails, but it dead ended & I just took that as a no....having an auto sensor would be flipin awesome. Can you set the bulb intensity?

Internally the d unit is different then the regular red chilis so you wouldnt be able to retrofit. Yes you can set bulb intensity as well which is great. I spun a lot of grey heathered tri blends today and saw zero signs of scortching.
Danny Gruninger

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 02:33:43 AM »
Quote from: Underbase37 link=topic=12266.msg116148#msg116148 date=14wouldn't 2

Internally the d unit is different then the regular red chilis so you wouldnt be able to retrofit. Yes you can set bulb intensity as well which is great. I spun a lot of grey heathered tri blends today and saw zero signs of scortching.
Great just when I thought I was done messing with buying flashes. Haha. Oh well.....guess I'll have a few chilli's up for sell soon too.

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 12:10:39 PM »
Getting ready to pull the trigger on one of these...

Anybody have any updates on how well they're working after a few weeks of time?

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 12:17:35 PM »
we've had ours since the middle of may, and they rule.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2014, 03:22:50 PM »
Putting the deposit on one tomorrow!

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2014, 03:31:06 PM »
Putting the deposit on one tomorrow!

that's awesome! it really helped us a ton, especially with all the different types of inks and tees we print here
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285