Author Topic: Union Plasticharge Ink  (Read 1912 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Union Plasticharge Ink
« on: July 11, 2014, 02:13:58 PM »
Got a job to do and thought about using plasticharge ink since I have some time to play with it, using gildan g2000 100% cotton.  Printed a sample shirt and the color looks real funky not a goldenyellow but more like a greenish gold look, not what I'm looking for.  I'm looking for a nice goldenyellow hit it two strokes on a 137 screen 60 duro squeegee.

I mixed the inks 60/40 with 6% activator all union products, where did I go wrong or royal blue shirts not  good dischargeable shirt color?

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline prozyan

Re: Union Plasticharge Ink
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 02:22:25 PM »
Royal blue isn't a good discharger.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 02:25:03 PM »
I'm not sure where I got it, but Gildan has a chart that shows their shirts and a discharge rating A, B, or C. Royal is listed as a C, Not Recommended for Discharge printing. I'm sure the chart is on their site somewhere
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 02:39:39 PM »
Yeah I had that chart one time, couldn't find it now If you offered me a million bucks,  ok I did a test on other rags around the shop and they discharged perfect, its the royal blue, guess I'll be using regular ink...thanks I'll post a pic of the prints here in a few.

darryl
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 02:46:03 PM by 3Deep »
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 02:41:49 PM »
Here it is

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 04:19:16 PM »
regardless of brand, royal blue, purple, most kelly green, and most maroons will not discharge well due to cobalt in the dye not reacting properly with the activator (as far as I understand it, though I am far from an expert).  When printing on Royal blue with mid-darker tones like red or green (not yellow) you can get away with doing an unactivated clear discharge underbase, which seems to lighten the shirt enough for the color to be bright, but doesnt make the UB truly white/neutral.  Yellows always look muddy on this though so I just use plastisol on Royal Blue etc.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 04:21:11 PM »
Hey Darryl, we like the Plasticharge, and no, Royal is a bad candidate. I see one of the guys posted a link, get it, it's pretty damn handy.
Maybe Next Level would have a royal that discharges, since I understand that all Next Level are supposed to discharge...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 02:14:34 AM »

Maybe Next Level would have a royal that discharges, since I understand that all Next Level are supposed to discharge...

Steve

Royal still gets a C in my book.

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 02:25:54 AM »

Got a job to do and thought about using plasticharge ink since I have some time to play with it, using gildan g2000 100% cotton.

I mixed the inks 60/40 with 6% activator all union products, where did I go wrong or royal blue shirts not  good dischargeable shirt color?

darryl

You may know this already but stick with the Maxopaque inks from Union with plasticharge. I don't mind the plasticharge & have had very good luck with it, but in some cases WB/DC is far superior.