Author Topic: (WANTED) Turnabout mixer/Newman Stretching table  (Read 2488 times)

Offline hoogie

• feel free to email hoogies@bnin.net
(WANTED) Turnabout mixer/Newman Stretching table
« on: July 18, 2014, 07:31:40 AM »
Looking for a turnabout or any used ink mixer in good shape, same thing with the stretching table....PM if you have any idea where to find one or if you have one...thanks!
Hoogie...

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: (WANTED) Turnabout mixer/Newman Stretching table
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 12:03:40 PM »
Until you can find a table to buy, you can get by by making something like this.  This is after a design by Northland -
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 12:06:47 PM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline hoogie

• feel free to email hoogies@bnin.net
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 12:01:30 PM »
I have something similar to that right now that im using...but thanks for the pics and the ideas, who knows I might refine mine a little and skip the buying the table all together....Mixer is what Id really like to have...lol
Hoogie...

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 02:06:01 PM »
With that design, about the only thing I lose is the ability to have the stretching from all sides happen simultaneously so I have to use a 'step' method.

I cheese out on the mixer too.  I get welding rods and bend in a triangle shape on the bottom and use a cordless drill.  But, being a small fry, I'm only mixing pints.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 09:52:44 AM »
a turnabout mixer is one of the most underrated things we have.  I love that thing for mixing 5 gallon buckets of random inks.