Author Topic: moldy t-shirts  (Read 2511 times)

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
moldy t-shirts
« on: August 21, 2011, 11:46:11 PM »
Printed some shirts for a biker metal band older dudes not kids... Thier "guy" they hired to take care of ordering band merch because "they don't want to deal with it"  calls me and says ummm the shirts are moldy, me "well they sure as hell didn't leave my shop like that" the guy" uhh yes they did maaaaan". The guy came to pick up the shirts a hour or so after they came off the drier so mold is impossiable. I think they spilled a drink or something or was rained on, it has been a rainy week and now they're trying to screw the printer. >:(

Funny thing is my neighbors band played with them that night and they told me they sold a butt load of them, now 3 days later and there's a problem. 

Either they are smelling the silver ink (smells like spray paint to me) or they are trying to cut thier loses and pin it on the printer.

Nothing like an 11:30 pm phone call to piss you off just before going to bed, now I'm heated.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 12:32:14 AM by endless ink printing »

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: moldy t-shirts
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 01:21:06 AM »
Hold your ground.

They left your shop in perfect condition, what they did or didn't do is out of your hands.

Sorry maaaaan, take better care of your property next time, have a nice day.. click!
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 01:36:11 AM »
Hold your ground.

They left your shop in perfect condition, what they did or didn't do is out of your hands.

Sorry maaaaan, take better care of your property next time, have a nice day.. click!

I think I may have to fire a customer I don't have time for BS. I think a new me is being born lol.

Offline rmonks

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 07:46:13 AM »
I had a not exact experience with one of my repeat customers, a sports booster club. They always order 300 or so shirts, and I always printed 3-4 extra of each size just to keep from setting the press up for one side or the other if i misprinted a shirt. This one year a husband and wife who were booster members, and had several children came by to pick up the order, I get a call a few days later from another booster member who said the order was short several shirts. Well you know me (THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT) I setup and print the missing shirts. From that day on I make them count them in my shop and sign off.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 09:54:14 AM »
why the hell does he have your number to call at 11:30? get a different line for business. I hope you didn't give out your cell number. Tell them to go piss off, there's enough bands playing Crazy Train. . .
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline DanK

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 05:44:22 PM »
You can protect yourself to an extent with a clause in your terms that says that defects or shortages must be reported within 48 hours or something similar...
Dan Holzer

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 06:45:41 PM »
You can protect yourself to an extent with a clause in your terms that says that defects or shortages must be reported within 48 hours or something similar...
You have to have one of these. If not make one asap.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 10:32:42 PM »
Sorry man, my shirt warranty does not include meth lab accidents.

Offline inkbrigade

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 04:01:16 AM »
I love how dan chimes in all level headed, while the rest of us want the guys head on a platter ;)
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart