Author Topic: how do i do this....  (Read 2276 times)

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
how do i do this....
« on: August 23, 2011, 10:20:06 AM »
customer whats this grey scaled all but the red dress in order to print as a two color white and red on black garments. any help in corel x4

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: how do i do this....
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 10:33:46 AM »
I don't use Corel, Jason, but generically speaking, you make a copy and convert to grayscale, then make another copy from the original, and trim out everything but the red dress (lips too?), then combine that with the grayscale, or whatever you would do next in Corel. But you do need the two separate components.

Steve

I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 10:37:50 AM »
should i adjust the contast? and for the seperate red dress cut out i should grey scale that also i take it. what about monochrome bitmaping it?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 10:42:05 AM »
Don't use corel ,but would work it the same way as Sbrem in photoshop...this job looks like a good one for a discharge print to keep a nice softhand for the white ink or if you use regular white ink I would do a high mesh count to keep all the detail I could keep.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline dburgessjr

• Verified/Junior
  • It's all about MƎ
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 10:56:20 AM »
I use Photoshop as well so wouldn't be able to explain how to do it in corel but you could just separate the attached image.

Offline Artelf2xs

•  Celebrating 29 years in the industry
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 11:09:35 AM »
Jason,

It's important to keep in mind the basics.... That is, There are two types of computer graphics. Vector also called Post Script and Raster also called Bit-map...

This is a raster based photo... I think Corel comes with Paint? there is freeware like Gimp aslo..... the list grows daily.

You'll need to master a program for each type of graphic. typically Corel or Illy for vector and Photoshop for raster.
Lif'e too short to complain about stuff ( Like typos)

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 11:25:26 AM »
Jason,

It's important to keep in mind the basics.... That is, There are two types of computer graphics. Vector also called Post Script and Raster also called Bit-map...

This is a raster based photo... I think Corel comes with Paint? there is freeware like Gimp aslo..... the list grows daily.

You'll need to master a program for each type of graphic. typically Corel or Illy for vector and Photoshop for raster.
I understand that elf and im pretty good with photopaint and draw but photoshop is another animal.