Author Topic: People who jump out off planes..........  (Read 1882 times)

Offline jesterapparel

• !!!
People who jump out off planes..........
« on: August 26, 2011, 12:42:21 PM »
Printing Couchfreaks staff t-shirts (skydiving event) and all sizes are between small and XL.  Do bigger people not like jumping out of planes? Discuss ::)

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
Re: People who jump out off planes..........
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 12:47:44 PM »
Pierre should answer this, I think he told me something about weight limit. Something around 280-300 #.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 01:05:46 PM »
almost all of the skydiving gear is FAA certified to 250 lbs.
Tandem gear is rated 500 for two ppl (and the rig itself is about 65lbs).

So if you are over 250 with all the gear on, it gets pretty pricey to jump. Thus most of the skydivers are XL or smaller.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 01:40:01 PM »
The place in Vinton does tandems (wanna go John? I am tomorrow I think) and you can not be over 225 lbs. I'm comfortably under that, so it's all good.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline terryei

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 01:51:13 PM »
Weighing more than 250 is NOT that big a problem for the chute.  They drop tanks by chute.
The problem is when the chute doesn't open.
Not the fall, but the sudden stop is a b!tch, and a bigger person make a bigger splash!