Author Topic: stretching tables  (Read 8275 times)

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
Re: stretching tables
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2014, 11:48:07 AM »
I am going to have to invest in a new stretching table. My roller master will only do 18x20 and 23x26.

How do the Shur-Loc tables compare? They are obviously not as engineered, but do they do the same trick just as good?

From what I've heard of the shurloc table, once that frame is in place, and all the wrenches are on, it's not moving at all. Maybe the Shurloc guy can weigh in on the solidity of their design.

It doesn't. No movement. Built solid. Not taking anything away from any other ways to roll some mesh but what I love for my shop is once a screen is reclaimed after every run it is checked for tension. From time to time we have to bring something back up and when we do it just takes a second. Very easy was to keep your rollers up to par. Works for me, maybe not everyone.

Offline shurloc

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2014, 11:53:42 AM »
You're right ScreenFoo, if you take roller mesh to 50+N, you are going to straighten out the tubes pretty quick. But if you are running a 150/48S at 22N, there's quite a bit more play in there.

I will just say this, I've been making and selling these products for 12 years and have seen how many of these screens get a bit of distortion due to not being able to control the tubes perfectly. That said, there are 100's of people that can ace their Roller Master and 1000's that can ace frames without any stretching equipment at all. Here's the bottom line though...

The L2 Roller Master will stretch a 23x31 for $4300...

The Accelerator X will do the same but requires no power, air or expertise to setup and use - all for $799... Oh and the Accelerator X can ship today and if you are handy, you can build you own table and cut the price in half. The other nice thing is that if you are running a shop with just manual frames right now, the X can be had in the square bar variety, for $399 and you can add the extra hardware for the auto frames later for $100 if you decide to upgrade your frames and press. This make he total cost of being able to stretch an 18x20 sq to 23x33 m3 under $900!

Of course all of this is just crazy talk since everyone should just by EZ Frames instead -  ;D

Online at: www.shurloc.com - Like Us On Facebook: shurloc.com/Facebook - How To Videos: shurloc.com/YouTube - Follow Us For Updates: shurloc.com/Twitter

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2014, 12:08:43 PM »
Find and buy a Rheema  ;D.  You ain't getting mine though.

(not taking anything away from either Newman or Shur-Loc, just funnin')

Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2014, 12:33:00 PM »

Of course all of this is just crazy talk since everyone should just by EZ Frames instead -  ;D

I have been for the last year... i want my roller frames back.

printing on 25n and less screen tension makes me want to cry, i want my 40n white base screens back.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline islandtees

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2014, 01:05:08 PM »

I have been for the last year... i want my roller frames back.

printing on 25n and less screen tension makes me want to cry, i want my 40n white base screens back.
Why did you make the change if you liked your rollers?

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2014, 01:12:35 PM »
Find and buy a Rheema  ;D.  You ain't getting mine though.

I know that when I saw the first Diamond Chase and Newman rollers, the prices, especially on the oem wrenches, made some feel that they were getting rheemed, LOL!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline shurloc

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2014, 01:20:10 PM »
With those 28x38's you should be well over 25N... Is that on the 110's or the 160's? We've done both the 110/71 and 110/80 for you guys and the 160/54 and 160/64 also. There's quite a jump in testing for those...

110/71 - no info
110/80 - 45N
160/54 - 36N (max
160/64 - 37N

Either way, that's way too low for what those shapes were designed out at, so let me know what mesh you are looking at and what tensions they are when you stretch them and we can get it all fixed up for you.

If we need to get those bumped up for you, let us know. I know that the mesh that is used for those isn't from us, but you shouldn't be that low on lower counts.
Online at: www.shurloc.com - Like Us On Facebook: shurloc.com/Facebook - How To Videos: shurloc.com/YouTube - Follow Us For Updates: shurloc.com/Twitter

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2014, 03:53:11 PM »
With those 28x38's you should be well over 25N...

Let me drop a meter on some and I'll let you know.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2014, 03:57:52 PM »

Why did you make the change if you liked your rollers?
[/quote]

My company uses a custom sized 28x38 frame, they went that route many years ago, not to say I can't convert them back  ;D

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2014, 04:22:37 PM »
With those 28x38's you should be well over 25N... Is that on the 110's or the 160's? We've done both the 110/71 and 110/80 for you guys and the 160/54 and 160/64 also. There's quite a jump in testing for those...

110/71 - no info
110/80 - 45N
160/54 - 36N (max
160/64 - 37N

Either way, that's way too low for what those shapes were designed out at, so let me know what mesh you are looking at and what tensions they are when you stretch them and we can get it all fixed up for you.

If we need to get those bumped up for you, let us know. I know that the mesh that is used for those isn't from us, but you shouldn't be that low on lower counts.

and you can send them the shorter bars too!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2014, 10:12:27 AM »
heres our tension as they sit now, measured a bunch to get a average.

I'm not going to use new as that's not what we print at everyday.

110/80 - 28n
160/65 - 24n
225/48 - 20n
300/34 - 18n

These screens have an average of 8 months of use on them and are used daily. whats in the reclaim pile today, will be on screen tmrw.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2014, 11:59:04 AM »
What on earth is a Rheema? Looks like it has the magical fourth clamp?

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2014, 02:07:07 PM »
I believe only the old farts (myself included) around here would recognize the name "Rhema" which refers to the now defunct Rhema Dura Screen supply company.
Dale Hoyal

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2014, 02:34:39 PM »
Someone on here said the Rema actually didn't work as well as a3 clamping system

The roller stalling can be an issue on the roller master however you can solve it by just manually giving them a little help and squaring them up. I think the Shurlock table would be excellent for those crappy older ones with the plastic hexagonal end pieces

John that tension seems a  little low on your 330 is that working out okay for you? We aim for everything above 20.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Offline shurloc

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2014, 03:58:01 PM »
heres our tension as they sit now, measured a bunch to get a average.

I'm not going to use new as that's not what we print at everyday.

110/80 - 28n
160/65 - 24n
225/48 - 20n
300/34 - 18n

These screens have an average of 8 months of use on them and are used daily. whats in the reclaim pile today, will be on screen tmrw.

I've got David taking a look at shapes on these, but after 8 months of use, it would be hard to know how many impressions you had run them through and how much that stretched the mesh out verses the actual break point of the mesh.