Author Topic: Vastex LED Exposure.. Nice unit  (Read 3824 times)

Offline T Shirt Farmer

Vastex LED Exposure.. Nice unit
« on: September 17, 2014, 02:08:07 PM »
I got my Vastex E2000-4731 exposure unit in last week, first few days using it are very impressive. The unit is built extremely well with great fit and finish. I have not  made enough exposure test but seems be around 110 seconds for Kiwo Poly One with diazo on a 150 mesh. Vacuum is fairly quite and pulls blanket down in about 20 seconds and has a timer for this function and fires lights after preset vacuum time has elapsed. Logic for buying this unit was... Pull down dwell timer which the single screen M&R unit did not have.. did not like the frame latch on M&R... paid several thousand less for the Vastex 2 frame unit as compared to M&R two frame model, so even if the other unit is a bit faster processing 2 frames at once far out performs brighter lights. Unit came very well crated and shipped about 5 days after I placed the order. Still on the fence about DTS but very happy I made this upgrade.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 07:05:16 PM by T Shirt Farmer »
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline islandtees

Re: Vastex LED Exposure.. Nice unit
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 05:01:02 PM »
Did you post that time correct, almost 2 minutes to burn a screen?

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 05:08:28 PM »
Did you post that time correct, almost 2 minutes to burn a screen?

my bad 1 minute 10 seconds.. have not run exposure calc yet to hone in burn times.. will up date next week
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline hoogie

• feel free to email hoogies@bnin.net
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 06:05:57 PM »
id like to hear what your cac. tells you...I've got a point 1000 workhorse and I'm at 63sec. (160s mesh, ulano orange)
Hoogie...

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 11:25:26 AM »
Aquasol HV on that unit should be in 10-15s range. Diazo slows things down considerably.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 12:34:19 PM »
I was getting proper exposures at 25 seconds with a 150/48 with 25% EOMR with the Vastex LED and a 305 with 10% EOMR was about 10 seconds and slightly over exposed.  Those numbers are really close to our MH unit with a fresh bulb but almost twice as fast now with a dull bulb.  LED will render MH units obsolete really quickly. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 01:54:09 PM »
Agreed Alan the LED units are great, but what in the world are you going to do with a good working unit you already have, anyone in the field knows about the LED and won't pay what an old unit is worth if your trying to unload one.  Maybe these companies pushing the LED's will do a trade in or something unless you just have extra cash and keep the old one as back up, but do you need a backup to and LED hmmm.  I know if I had bought one of M&Rs 3140 a few years back I'm still loving that unit and would love to have the new LED unit but would be very hard press to part with the 3140, unless production was at a rate I could justify the purchase.  IMHO I think that might be the only reason the market is not flooded with the new LED units, it's like trading in your 2013 corvette for a 2014 because its 10 to 15 mph faster....I'm still looking forward to seeing the starlight in action very soon.  sorry about tossing another brand in this post

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 02:12:37 PM »
Agreed Alan the LED units are great, but what in the world are you going to do with a good working unit you already have, anyone in the field knows about the LED and won't pay what an old unit is worth if your trying to unload one.  Maybe these companies pushing the LED's will do a trade in or something unless you just have extra cash and keep the old one as back up, but do you need a backup to and LED hmmm.  I know if I had bought one of M&Rs 3140 a few years back I'm still loving that unit and would love to have the new LED unit but would be very hard press to part with the 3140, unless production was at a rate I could justify the purchase.  IMHO I think that might be the only reason the market is not flooded with the new LED units, it's like trading in your 2013 corvette for a 2014 because its 10 to 15 mph faster....I'm still looking forward to seeing the starlight in action very soon.  sorry about tossing another brand in this post

darryl

Might still have value right now, but it wont in a few years.  LED will take over this deal pretty quick, so MH units value is going to be on the decline. Some would argue if your going to do the swap sooner than later would be better if you intend to sell a MH to help fund it.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 02:29:48 PM »

darryl

Might still have value right now, but it wont in a few years.  LED will take over this deal pretty quick, so MH units value is going to be on the decline. Some would argue if your going to do the swap sooner than later would be better if you intend to sell a MH to help fund it.

I agree with that, and by then the LED price will fall some too
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline islandtees

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 02:49:00 PM »
I have one of the larger Amerigraph exposure units. If I get a LED unit I would keep our unit for a backup, or use both.

Offline cleveprint

• !!!
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2014, 02:58:41 PM »
we do not plan on getting rid of our old Nuarc. for one, i dont think its worth much. couple bucks maybe, but i guess it cant hurt to have two units.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2014, 05:05:12 PM »

darryl

I agree with that, and by then the LED price will fall some too

It's kind of like what happened with process cameras, if you had to get a new or used one from a dealer, they'd want $2K plus, but if you had one to sell, you'd be lucky to get $300 for it. I guess it's switch as soon as you can so you could still sell your MH for something to a startup, or simply move it to scrap, like we did with our last camera.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2014, 12:17:11 AM »
Somebody must be selling LED lamps can can be put into a old unit.
Why change the whole unit?
At the moment LEDs seem to be overpriced.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2014, 12:34:51 AM »
Somebody must be selling LED lamps can can be put into a old unit.
Why change the whole unit?
At the moment LEDs seem to be overpriced.

I thought that I remember this very same Vastex unit being available as a retro-fit.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2014, 01:03:10 AM »