Author Topic: Kornit Paradigm shown in my plant.  (Read 3886 times)

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Kornit Paradigm shown in my plant.
« on: October 26, 2014, 05:42:42 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XEpcU5eDmM

This is a link to a short Kornit made in my plant showing the Paradigm printer.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
Re: Kornit Paradigm shown in my plant.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 01:24:44 PM »
Very cool, what's retail on that bad boy?
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 09:59:57 PM »
Very cool!

Pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 11:04:48 PM »
that video was insane.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Kornit Paradigm shown in my plant.
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 03:24:23 AM »
I don't know what it cost retail, I got mine as a Beta from the factory.
I got a really good deal because they needed to test it on a carousel, it works with my MHM instead on one of the heads.
It's a amazing machine but designed for big production.       In Europe it's used by printers working for brand names doing big runs.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 09:04:14 AM »
That's pretty dam slick.

Is there any problems with head strikes or a sensor to prevent them. I would assume after a bunch of garments the lint would build up on the pallet and at the very least change the head clearance. Not knocking the thing just curious.   

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 09:19:50 AM »
Saw this running at SGIA. Didn't have enough time to take a good look at it, but it does look nice. Opens up some doors.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 04:19:55 PM »
The print head moves back (out of the way) before the carousel turns.    It's not that close that lint will effect it, the pallets have to be level.
The head can be raised for fleece.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 04:26:37 PM »
The print head moves back (out of the way) before the carousel turns.    It's not that close that lint will effect it, the pallets have to be level.
The head can be raised for fleece.

Whats the max speed you can run dz per hour on something like this?
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 10:26:45 AM »
Very cool to see it work; seems a little slow compared to normal production, but the high margin that can be had seems to make it worth it...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 10:51:27 AM »
Very cool to see it work; seems a little slow compared to normal production, but the high margin that can be had seems to make it worth it...

Steve

And your 6-10 color machine just became a million color press. ;)

Offline BorisB

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 02:00:38 PM »

Steve

And your 6-10 color machine just became a million color press. ;)
isn't any 6-10 color machine million color press already? You can print CMYK also without DTG add on

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2014, 02:08:48 PM »
But this thing can lay down a rich full color graphic on darks with screen printing an under base first.  Can even lay heavy/rich spot colors on top/around the DTG image.

Obviously I'm sure Maxie isn't running 4 color jobs with this thing and is reserving it for when needed.  Like being revolver mode but he's adding colors vs flash stations.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 02:39:40 PM »
I think you can expect to get 1-3 garments per minute depending on the complexity of the design.  I can see some smaller prints being faster and perhaps you could squeeze 4-5 per minute which would be unbelievable.  I know that many years ago, for me at least, when I first started in this industry I was being sold on the old T-jet machines at the ISS Ft Worth show and I left that show thinking DTG would be WAY, WAY, WAY further along than it is today.  My father-in-law was very interested in the DTG and one of my first tasks when I started here was to research the validity of the claims by the T-jet salesman and to figure out if this was something that we could use.  That was when I found the first industry forum I participated in and as they say...the rest is history.  It obviously didn't take long to figure out what the deal was and I don't want to muddy this awesome thread up with all of my hot industry takes on the past, present and future of DTG.

This latest combination is finally something that I could see being versatile in that it could work in many more shops than it could in it's former state as a stand-alone unit.  For many years I thought the only DTG I would invest in was the Brother for light colored garments because that thing is/was a workhorse for so many shops.  I really like this Kornit machine and how it's being integrated into an auto and I'd love to see some additional video on how/what/when/where it all comes together and works.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 03:37:08 PM »
This is truly the first DTG machine that I've been really interested in. If I'm correct, it runs $110,000.

Maxie (or anyone else that may know) how smooth does the white under base have to be to get a solid print on top of it? Obviously we all want smooth clean prints, but I'm concerned about some peaks and valleys that could cause issues with the top color laying down correctly (such as white dots where they shouldn't be).

Now if we can just get it to run faster and be priced cheaper...