Author Topic: 60 Presses in Kentucky?  (Read 5455 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
60 Presses in Kentucky?
« on: October 30, 2014, 08:01:37 AM »
I just received a commercial real estate publication release stating that Teespring is opening a new facility in Hebron, Kentucky. 105,000 sq ft, 60 presses, and will create 300+ new jobs. It appears to be legit from some reliable sources. Stay tuned.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: 60 Presses in Kentucky?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 08:38:04 AM »
Yes, I heard this too, from Mr. Coudray.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 08:50:00 AM »
Yep it's true. I don't necessarily doubt that they can manage that, but man I'd like to watch how all of that plays out as they get it up and running.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 08:57:03 AM »
Takes some of the biggest issues off the table for the consumer.  No risk, nothing out of pocket. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 09:08:12 AM »
Except $22,000,000 for Teespring

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 09:24:35 AM »
and their backers...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 09:29:32 AM »
i had never heard of them until this...shows you what I know.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 09:36:03 AM »
This could go one way or the other. If it fails it will obviously fail hard. I wish them well but there will be serious, serious pitfalls to side step in order to be successful. Seen it before. Having the start-up capitol is only a small first step.

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 09:54:31 AM »
I've known about them for a while. It's a very interesting niche.

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 10:07:28 AM »
That came out probably a month ago. They ended up cutting it to 40 presses last I heard(at SGIA). MHM's.
Talked to a current contract printer of theirs now(12-15 jobs per day he said) and he had no idea.  :o 
Guess it pays to watch the headlines!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 10:14:04 AM »
That came out probably a month ago. They ended up cutting it to 40 presses last I heard(at SGIA). MHM's.
Talked to a current contract printer of theirs now(12-15 jobs per day he said) and he had no idea.  :o 

So the guy just found out from you that he is losing 12-15 jobs a day?  WOW!  That had to be a kick in the nuts.  Hope he didn't buy a new auto just for that customer.

If the guys behind it are smart, it has a great chance of being what they want, a 50+million dollar company.  If it's a bunch of guys like me, and a few of you yahoos :), it will fall hard.  I couldn't imagine trying to facilitate all of that once it's up and running.  I would think getting the facility up and running will be the easy part.  Installing all the autos and ink departments, CTS and dark rooms, screens/mesh, that stuff is easy.  Trying to keep it all organized and the logistics in place to keep it efficient sounds like a nightmare.  Hell, I can't find 3 guys to work as a team in my production and it's clean, open, efficient and they have all the tools and equipment they could ever wish for.  Could you imagine trying to have a team to manage this type of facility?  One auto and 3 guys is enough for me to call in quit.  I know this isn't unprecedented and there are bigger operations out there, but it doesn't mean it is not a bear to deal with.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 10:18:01 AM »

So the guy just found out from you that he is losing 12-15 jobs a day?  WOW!  That had to be a kick in the nuts.  Hope he didn't buy a new auto just for that customer.

If the guys behind it are smart, it has a great chance of being what they want, a 50+million dollar company.  If it's a bunch of guys like me, and a few of you yahoos :), it will fall hard.  I couldn't imagine trying to facilitate all of that once it's up and running.  I would think getting the facility up and running will be the easy part.  Installing all the autos and ink departments, CTS and dark rooms, screens/mesh, that stuff is easy.  Trying to keep it all organized and the logistics in place to keep it efficient sounds like a nightmare.  Hell, I can't find 3 guys to work as a team in my production and it's clean, open, efficient and they have all the tools and equipment they could ever wish for.  Could you imagine trying to have a team to manage this type of facility?  One auto and 3 guys is enough for me to call in quit.  I know this isn't unprecedented and there are bigger operations out there, but it doesn't mean it is not a bear to deal with.

Ya he found out from me, and he had just overheard the conversation. I had no idea he printed for them or anything like that. Apparently they are not big jobs, but he said eeeeeeeasy as they come!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2014, 10:21:53 AM »
They will print shirts and such, but reality is they will be a logistics company because if they are not on their game with the ducks in a row it will fall on its face.  I suspect it will be done very well though.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2014, 10:31:37 AM »
I sure hope they got there ducks in a row or someone will be getting cheap auto's in about five years or a nice auction.  I would love to see that come together, question who has the largest plant right now as in presses/dryers on the floor?

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!