Author Topic: Going to try screen printing/ heat pressing for the first time...help please!  (Read 3717 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Transfers are pretty easy once you get the hang of it, and I think you got some really good advice, so nothing I can add, but have fun :)
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline bulldog

• !!!
  • Brandon
I also use the Ryonet 15x15 hot peel papers. And their adhesion powder. It's the best combo I've used. I ordered some 15x15 from GSG and man are they garbage.

I don't run my papers through first for one color.

I use a 110 screen coated 2 thin/2 thick. I print a lot of white on 50/50s and this gives me the best opacity. You might be able to get away with less on black ink.

I run my transfers through the dryer at 199 degrees (this will vary for you with speed/temp/dryer brand) - I do it just enough to gel the ink. Too hot and it will cause problems later.

Hix heat press...366 for 6 seconds on 7 pressure. That will vary according to your ink.

With my ink it is regular plastisol but I use a hot split additive. Not 100% sure if it is necessary but it works good for me.

I went with the Ryonet products you mentioned.....should arrive next week..will be my Christmas vacation experimenting.

PM me if you need help.