Author Topic: Looking for Richmond Graphics Solar Beam 10,000 watt replacement bulb  (Read 4007 times)

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
Does anyone have a lead on supplier that would carry or be able to order the Richmond Solar beam 10,000 watt m/h bulbs.

Thanks

Mike
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Did you contact GSG yet?  I have found many places carrying that bulb, but they are asking double what we paid for ours at GSG.  I wonder if GSG screwed up and sold us the bulb for the wrong price, but $585 is way more reasonable than $1050.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline spotcolorsupply

• !!!
Did you contact GSG yet?  I have found many places carrying that bulb, but they are asking double what we paid for ours at GSG.  I wonder if GSG screwed up and sold us the bulb for the wrong price, but $585 is way more reasonable than $1050.
$585 is their list price... Problem for distributors is, if you don’t sell enough exposure units they won’t let you sell the consumables. Prolly explains why you find some marked up above list.
Brannon Mullins Spot Color Supply
www.spotcolorsupply.com     sales@spotcolorsupply.com.
We Sell Workhorse Products,Along With Used Equipment, and Printing Supplies!!

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Alan--- Yeah emailed back and forth with a guy named Chris at the Houston office, setting up order account right now for one, $585.00. The unit's bulb may be good , but I want to be sure and have a back up. The place I got it from was just a general equipment broker and didn't know much about it, other than it was used in an aero-space lab. I really wanted to buy a new Tri-light, but budget wise I'm a little way off from that and need an immediate filler for now for diazo exposure. This 10k unit should do the trick for a while. This, budget wise could also open the door a little faster for cts. The new M&R I-image looks pretty nice and has an affordable price tag.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Looking for Richmond Graphics Solar Beam 10,000 watt replacement bulb
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 01:23:47 AM »
Call Richmond Direct and they will sell it to you.

401-233-2700
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 09:32:39 AM »
I've left messages both, phone, and several emails with Richmond and have had no reply. I was able to order one from GSG last night. They were very fast replying. Maybe they were affected by the storm, if so, I hope they are all alright.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 10:47:56 AM »
. Maybe they were affected by the storm, if so, I hope they are all alright.

That's right, Irene did a number over there. My parents are still w/out power and the utility poles got decimated all over the state so give them a few days to get back up and going.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 09:48:32 AM »
Just wanted to say I was able to get a bulb through GSG, but, just hours later a nice lady by the name of Suzanne Paul <suzanne.paul@richmond-graphic.com> , emailed me. I wanted to post her email address as she was very nice, very helpful and will be helping me get any parts that we need to dress this puppy up. I got some power hooked up to this thing last night and man, 10,000 watt's is a freeking shooting star of an exposure lamp. Anyone needing direct contact from Richmond, I would recommend Suzanne Paul.   Anyone needing anything from GSG, Chris Blake was very helpful, very fast in response, and very thorough. His email is, Chris Blake <Chris.Blake@gogsg.com>. Happy labor day all!!

Thanks for everyone kickin in their help

Mike

www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com