Author Topic: We Stopped Buying Spray Bottles  (Read 3617 times)

Offline andyandtobie

• Verified/Junior
  • "They said this would be easy!"
We Stopped Buying Spray Bottles
« on: December 14, 2014, 11:19:53 PM »
I'll apologize if this is something overly obvious or has been mentioned already, but I haven't noticed this trick elsewhere, so I'll post it here just in case.  I remember reading that someone was trying to find spray bottles that wouldn't fail quickly from exposure to reclaiming chemicals.  We were having the same problem, by buying spray bottles from the hardware store, putting chemical in them, and then having the spray head crap out shortly thereafter.  So, I bought a fresh set of cheapo bottles, one for stripper, one for de-haze, one for ink degradent.  Instead of putting chemical in them, I put a few inches of water in the bottom of each.  When I want to use the chemical, I take the head off the water bottle and put it on the chemical bottle itself, and spray away.  When I'm done, I unscrew it, spray a couple times until the hose on the spray head is empty, then screw it back onto the water bottle.  Then a few more squirts to clear any remaining chemical out and draw clean water into the head.  Haven't needed to buy any more spray bottles since.  Hope that helps another rookie like us!

Offline Northland

Re: We Stopped Buying Spray Bottles
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 10:27:31 AM »
That's pretty cleaver.... and your first prints are really good.

... just so you know, there are higher grade spray bottles available.. that will hold up well to the print chems.
Like these:
[urlhttp://www.homedepot.com/p/ZEP-32-oz-Professional-Sprayer-HDPRO36/100007602[/url]]

Offline Northland

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 01:42:04 PM »
We use the gray ones from homedepot that are solvent rated... no problems here with them lasting for a year plus, even on 701, plastiwash,  or even FSIC

Offline andyandtobie

• Verified/Junior
  • "They said this would be easy!"
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 02:23:30 PM »
Hey, that's a lot more efficient than my method.  Thanks for the tip!

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 06:43:59 PM »
...link repair    :P
http://www.homedepot.com/p/ZEP-32-oz-Professional-Sprayer-HDPRO36/100007602

These are the exact ones I use.  I have been using the same ones filled with 701 etc for about 2 years without issue.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 08:18:42 PM »
I' got mine from Sam's Club as a pack (6 I think) and have chemicals (emulsion reclaim, 820, and 705) in them for years and years and can't remember a failure. 
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers