Author Topic: Revisiting the Goccopro  (Read 1709 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Revisiting the Goccopro
« on: December 15, 2014, 10:00:09 PM »
Looking at this machine and it's screen's on youtube, I know it's been talked about on here but here it comes again.  The concept of this process is really neat, I would love to have this in my shop except for the non reuse of screens for other images, if you could reuse those screens for other images I think this process would blow just about everything out the water.  I could not see this working for small to mid size shops maybe not even large shops just to much mesh waste in the long run, even if the mesh was dirt cheap who wants to have to remesh a screen for every print job......but still a very neat idea, straight from printer to press.

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline tonyt79

Re: Revisiting the Goccopro
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 10:33:54 PM »
I had an express screen years ago. I truly don't believe that company makes anything better than expensive hobby stuff.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 11:26:10 PM »
I found exactly who this was marketed towards a few years back when my dad had a tenant who made sandals, and screen printed logos on them.
My father thought that these folks would want to talk to me about the process, but they were more than happy to go with an Xpress screen and some cheap press because they liked the presentation and it worked for their limited endeavor, and they didn't want to add the complication of the regular way we all do it.
They had nothing to compare other than the claims made in the presentation and sales pitch.

These folks did have another cool gimmick of having logos embossed on sandal soles, leaving imprints in wet sand.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 10:32:50 AM »
Like I said I think it's a neat idea, but would be costly and  pain in the booty to have to do a new screen every time.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline shurloc

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 01:25:55 PM »
Just because I'm curious...

How much does it cost to reclaim a frame vs. chucking the mesh and starting over? If you could do a frame for $10, would that make it a deal?

I think about the cost of the chemicals, emulsion, burning the design and everything else that goes into reclaim and wonder how much that $5 piece of mesh actually costs to reclaim over just tossing it out and starting with a fresh one.
Online at: www.shurloc.com - Like Us On Facebook: shurloc.com/Facebook - How To Videos: shurloc.com/YouTube - Follow Us For Updates: shurloc.com/Twitter

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 03:03:44 PM »
In their video, they describe it as "tight as a drum" at 15 Newtons, so that right there tells you their target market.
They also didn't go higher than 200 in their available mesh counts.

So, does it have a place in the industry? sure. Just not the high end.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 06:35:18 PM »
In their video, they describe it as "tight as a drum" at 15 Newtons, so that right there tells you their target market.
They also didn't go higher than 200 in their available mesh counts.

So, does it have a place in the industry? sure. Just not the high end.

I don't believe any of the thousands of frames I staple mesh onto ever approached 10 newtons, never mind 15. As far as removing mesh and throwing it away, years ago when Wearguard was setting up shop, my old shop did some printing for them until they got going. They were using roller frames, still pretty new at the time, and they used them not to work harden the mesh, but to simply release the fabric and throw it away as they found it more cost effective to do that. Their work was very subpar, but they didn't care, order in and out was their policy...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't