Author Topic: ISS Long Beach  (Read 11329 times)

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
ISS Long Beach
« on: January 20, 2015, 02:25:47 PM »
I haven't heard much about this show. I couldn't make it, again. What did y'all think?
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
Re: ISS Long Beach
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 02:36:31 PM »
Mostly the same ole same ole as far as I could tell for our industry.... A few new players from europe with automatic reclaim machines, one of which I thought was pretty slick. Kiwo did not have their new cts there which I was hoping to check out. A bit more presence from hsa/waterbased ink companies which was nice to see some demo's of that.... But for the most part not a whole lot that was new, exciting, etc.... Mostly the same ole stuff

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 02:45:42 PM »
Did M&R have the new DTG machine?
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 03:23:19 PM »
Did M&R have the new DTG machine?

Yes, they've had it for quite some time now though...... I saw it at niles over a year ago.... Real similar machine to the i image ste but with cmyk+white capabilities

Danny Gruninger

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 03:28:14 PM »
Mostly the same ole same ole as far as I could tell for our industry.... A few new players from europe with automatic reclaim machines, one of which I thought was pretty slick. Kiwo did not have their new cts there which I was hoping to check out. A bit more presence from hsa/waterbased ink companies which was nice to see some demo's of that.... But for the most part not a whole lot that was new, exciting, etc.... Mostly the same ole stuff
How about the MHM IQ Oval?
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 03:36:56 PM »
How about the MHM IQ Oval?

I saw it in their booth but did not bother looking at it. I would be wasting their time and my time to be totally honest. The day I'm laid to rest there will be blue blood on the inside of my coffin so it would be a waste of time spending any amount of time looking at machines that don't say m&r on them... ;)

But if your an mhm guy it def looked nice
Danny Gruninger

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 03:45:06 PM »
Ill go ahead and start the popcorn. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 04:03:26 PM »
That was not the intent or desire of my original post. I just asked what you all thought of the show. Andy, can you just stop this now? Sorry I tried to get some information. Geesh
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 04:25:31 PM »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Rob Coleman

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 04:42:33 PM »
That was not the intent or desire of my original post. I just asked what you all thought of the show. Andy, can you just stop this now? Sorry I tried to get some information. Geesh

Hey Dave!  I can tell you that it was well attended from my perspective.  I did not get a chance to walk around much as I was swamped with displaying and discussing the ImageStar Silicone line that we launched.

MagnaColours had their own booth this year printing water base on an M&R auto.  Historically, they have worked our booth showing samples, but this year the decision was made to print on-site.  It was a good idea! 

We also had the Aeoon DTG in our booth.  This think is a beast - 4000 lbs!  The model displayed (KYO-8) is capable of 400 white garments per hour; 200 black for an image size of 8.2" x 11.6".  Jump up to a 12 head (CMYK plus 8 white heads) and the speed doubles!  Crazy fast.  Obviously not cheap, but designed to compete against the Kornits of the world.  Better print quality, ink cost and speed.

Hope you are well!!

Rob
Rob Coleman | Vice President
Textile Business Unit | Nazdar SourceOne | sourceone.nazdar.com
(800) 677-4657 ext. 3708 | Cell (678) 230-4463
rcoleman@nazdar.com

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 12:35:48 AM »
Only went on Sat and was pulled into meetings so didn't really get as much time as I wanted on the floor.

Virus inks. Very impressed with the product they were printing with (Hydra and 120 E) and even more impressed with some of the samples they had up. Some really jaw dropping stuff there.

I liked the Kruzer press. Not for my shop really, I just like that there is one more strong entry level machine out there to raise the bar in the market. It's solid and simple.

The Sprint 3000 is really nice. Like Cadillac nice.

Nedco guys are the real deal. We just picked up a new folder/bagger.

I liked the fact that "bling" is pretty much dead. Last time I went to ISS a few years back it was booth after booth with stupid rhinestone machines. Ew.

There are a few machines out there that baffle me. (I won't mention any names) Stuff that I thought was terrible 20+ years ago. Like really, really bad press designs that are still built and sold for example. Still displayed at the show. It's like the AMC Eagle or Gremlin was still on the market...

Still not sold on LED exposure. Not for diazo or dual cure anyway. But it's promising and I like seeing the industry pull its self out of the 80's and 90's sometimes.   :D

TOTALLY sold on CTS, as we have one and the guys at Douthitt are solid gents and great to talk to.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline californiadreamin

• !!!
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 02:09:55 AM »
I haven't heard much about this show. I couldn't make it, again. What did y'all think?

Dave, here is my observation for what it is worth!
It looked very well attended, and people seemed to be in a fairly "upbeat" mood.
I looked up close at the "sabre" press In the Workhorse booth and was pleasantly surprised.
They as a company are really stepping up their game.
I liked Lawsons little two color press(automatic)
I like M&R's Stryker oval. A better designed press than their other ovals. Nice! It looked VERY
close to the ASKME brand from Taiwan.
I liked MHM's New Entry Level Press. A Really Nice Little Machine for the money.
And For My Beloved Sonny, The MHM Oval Looks Cool, But Useless as "tits on a bull"
The MHM Xtreme is Nice as well.
The Sroque machines are super nice! they have placed a lot of machines in a short time, by the
internet supply company. Go figure!
Saw the little Anatol Volt! it does what it does.
Brown Company is also steping up their game as well as Vastex! I was impressed by the amount
of people in their booth. They are really trying!
Action had a nice booth with "cool stuff" for Everybodys Equipment! Eric has worked hard!
Ink companies doing good some nice HSA inks, water base is coming back more mainstream. Plastisol
will still be around for years! Saw incredible HSA prints from Asia, printed on hand tables! WoW
All ink companies  are saying the "new inks" are not curing/drying fast enough in most dryers at the
speeds printers are wanting to send thru the tunnel!  a big problem in complaints from customers
wanting too much with too little. Not Enough Cure times in the tunnel, at correct temperatures
This leads to the "old idea" of Multi Level Dryers. Saw the New Adelco multi level and It looked Nice!
LED exposure units being made by everyone. They all look good, but I see NO giant differences
between the manufacturers. Everyone has copied the China machines from a couple of years ago.
All use China LEDs! Lots of DTG machines take your pick! they all look pretty cool.
I Heard a "Big" company is being sold! Congrats! Time to smell some roses.
winston

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2015, 06:15:38 AM »
Thanks guys. That's what I was wanting to see. I was just curious what I missed by not attending.
Barth Gimble

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2015, 06:22:29 AM »
Rich said they had a great show. Maybe I'll go to one someday.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2015, 08:22:33 AM »
Pick me up on your way, Tony
Barth Gimble