Author Topic: Epson 1400 where's the ink?  (Read 2779 times)

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
Epson 1400 where's the ink?
« on: January 20, 2015, 07:14:31 PM »
Hey anybody have an issue with an epson 1400 not seeing the ink cartridges?
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Epson 1400 where's the ink?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 08:22:40 PM »
Nope.

Look at your cart and see if the chip is disloged. I've had that happen.

Beyond that....dunno.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 10:41:16 PM »
I think my first response was off-target

I did some more surfing and I'm thinking perhaps you're not using Epson carts and they are not being recognized.

---------------------------

This was someone else's post about a similar problem - not recognizing the cart - but for CISS.  Are you using CISS?

Hi. it's a little bit late To try maybe, but who have an issue with ciss not recognizing can try my solution. First of all remove the ciss while the Printer is off. Than restart Printer without any cartridges inserted. Reinstall ciss again and ciss will recognized. The point is never remove or change cartridges while Printer is offline. Hope this will help

« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 10:54:42 PM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 12:42:47 AM »
Ours just overnight lost all the cartridges. I found something about there being a date trigger of some sort to hinder the compatibles. Never got to the bottom of it, just took the printer off the shelf and threw in the back. It's still there if you want it.

Pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 01:34:41 AM »
Ours just overnight lost all the cartridges. I found something about there being a date trigger of some sort to hinder the compatibles. Never got to the bottom of it, just took the printer off the shelf and threw in the back. It's still there if you want it.

Pierre

Reading this prompted me to panic. It's often the only thing I can figure out to do.

I just went down and printed a film sample on my 1400. All was well. Then I shut off the power and back on. Still Okay.

WHEW!

I just got my 4800 via UPS yesterday, but haven't set it up yet.

I'd be burning the midnight oil to set up that beast, if my 1400 went Tango Uniform because of some danged Epson Death Angel line of code. Greedy ingrates anyhow!.... I buy your danged priners. I'm up to double figures by now.

Leave me alone, Epson!... <End childish, self absorbed rant>

Hopefully my 4800 will fire up and run, and my spare new in box 1400 WAAAAY high up on the shelf won't be dead before I ener need to press it into service.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 01:51:52 AM »

Pierre

Reading this prompted me to panic. It's often the only thing I can figure out to do.

I just went down and printed a film sample on my 1400. All was well. Then I shut off the power and back on. Still Okay.

WHEW!

I just got my 4800 via UPS yesterday, but haven't set it up yet.

I'd be burning the midnight oil to set up that beast, if my 1400 went Tango Uniform because of some danged Epson Death Angel line of code. Greedy ingrates anyhow!.... I buy your danged priners. I'm up to double figures by now.

Leave me alone, Epson!... <End childish, self absorbed rant>

Hopefully my 4800 will fire up and run, and my spare new in box 1400 WAAAAY high up on the shelf won't be dead before I ener need to press it into service.

sorry, this happened few years back. I just realized that it reads like it happened recently which is obviously not the case.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 08:15:44 AM »
Just happened to me, I picked up a 7610 and love it. I was going to try to hack the 1400 in my spare time.
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 11:06:04 AM »
@ Pierre:  Got it, thanks. I often write stuff that I think is clear too, then come back and read it later, and realize it wasn't.  I might PM you later about the 4800's. (You know stuff I don't.)  Not today, not this week.

@ Roger:  I never did really ask, is your confused 1400 running a CISS?  I may have some extra NON CISS carts I could send you to try out. That might fix it. Its a long shot....

I truly like my 1400 and with the Ditto multi-sheet feeder, it's been a workhorse for several years. I use the all-black setup, refillable individual OEM sized carts from Cobra Ink Systems, and I also use his black ink. I plan to keep mine locked, loaded and ready to fire, even when I get my 4800 operational...at least in the beginning. I DON"T like 13 inch wide restriction, and MANY little bits of wasted films from 13x19 sheets.. Let me know if you want to try out some carts.

Stan

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 12:32:48 PM »
I'd like to think that companies like Cobra have solved the non OEM date trigger issue
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 12:48:53 PM »
@ Pierre:  Got it, thanks. I often write stuff that I think is clear too, then come back and read it later, and realize it wasn't.  I might PM you later about the 4800's. (You know stuff I don't.)  Not today, not this week.

@ Roger:  I never did really ask, is your confused 1400 running a CISS?  I may have some extra NON CISS carts I could send you to try out. That might fix it. Its a long shot....

I truly like my 1400 and with the Ditto multi-sheet feeder, it's been a workhorse for several years. I use the all-black setup, refillable individual OEM sized carts from Cobra Ink Systems, and I also use his black ink. I plan to keep mine locked, loaded and ready to fire, even when I get my 4800 operational...at least in the beginning. I DON"T like 13 inch wide restriction, and MANY little bits of wasted films from 13x19 sheets.. Let me know if you want to try out some carts.

Stan

you'll love the 4800! get the rolls from Nazdar and use the Chromaline's AccuInk. your films will print faster, be darker and you will not have to feed anything. Big time convenience!

pierre

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 09:17:34 PM »
I was using a cis then put in Epson carts and still nothing
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 09:17:50 PM »
Anyone ever hack into the firmware
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline CSPGarrett

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2015, 09:39:28 PM »
Anyone ever hack into the firmware

Our DTG machines are based on a larger model, what error code are you getting from it?  This way we can look it up.

Also, how old is the printer?  If it reached the end of it's life cycle you will need the drive software to reset it to factory settings (this has happened to our DTG machines and it will stop firing during a print run, we reset and it is back up and running).

Also, make sure your head doesn't dry out, this can happen very fast and the only way from there to get it working again is super nozzle cleaner.
Real Quality Merchandising.  - Printing & Fulfillment Services.  Contract DTG & Screen Printing. www.customshirtprints.com

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2015, 10:02:03 PM »
What error do you see? Mine had a lights flashing fit a couple weeks ago. Ir turned out to need a waste pad reset.

I downloaded a utility to reset the counter. I could email it to you. ...if you want to try it.

I've never hacked into the firmware.

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2015, 10:37:32 PM »

What error do you see? Mine had a lights flashing fit a couple weeks ago. Ir turned out to need a waste pad reset.

I downloaded a utility to reset the counter. I could email it to you. ...if you want to try it.

I've never hacked into the firmware.
sure I'll try it sweet-ts@att.net
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com