Author Topic: Split from Spyder CTS, any users on this board?  (Read 17858 times)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: Split from Spyder CTS, any users on this board?
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2015, 01:01:03 PM »
Play devils advocate for a second.  Let's pretend Anatol makes CTS units and 4 or 5 recent buyers got new machines shortly after they had the originals installed.  Allow  yourself to wonder, as honest as you can, how that scenario would have played out on this forum.  Now look back to how the real issue was handled and discussed and let's talk about how the two would have been different, if indeed you feel they would have been different.  If you think it would have been the same, then that's fine too, but I doubt anyone that's being honest with themselves would feel that way. 

Since it was M&R, the discussion, what little of it, was handled very professionally and it certainly didn't get out of hand.  But most of us that have been here a long time know exactly how this has been handled in the past with other manufacturers.  Mods would have been involved, hell, I might have been sent more legal papers telling me to shut the F up or else.  Regardless, we all know there is a double standard with this situation, it's not the end of the world and it really doesn't affect whether or not we will go with M&R for our CTS purchase.  I can see through it all and put things in the proper perspective as well as most of us can, but we also know how one or two dogs are not usually a problem, but a pack of dogs takes on something far greater/different than the individual dogs that make up the pack.

Using Anatol as an example would certainly change the response, based on how they handled business in the past.  It's interesting the spin here is basically people here are faulting M&R for making customers happy?  Nothing to sweep under the rug, obviously the ST is a better unit and M&R pointed that out to each of us prior to us buying the older units. Instead of "told you so best wishes", they let us swap + difference in cost. 

That's customer service most companies can only have wet dreams about.

Nobody was or is accusing M&R of anything? That is something you are pulling out of thin air.

We all know if Anatol released the most bad a$$ unbeleviabley fast, super engineered, super super cheap CTS this board would explode with why it would suck and why no one should touch it with a ten foot pole. We all seen that happen with the Volt threads.

That's IMO not a double standard, that's a earned response to how they have handled customers/equipment in the past.  In other word's they have earned that response. They seem to be improving and I think most of us welcome that and respond accordingly as they improve. A lot of people with issue with Anatol aren't M&R customers now so its not like its all M&R people firing shots at them.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2015, 01:16:43 PM »
Eh, the board obviously leans towards one manufacturer. I don't think anyone can deny that.
When sketchy info comes out about one of that manufacturers products that is quickly swept under
the rug it doesn't exactly reinforce transparency. (CSIC collection can be turned off under service mode 2 BTW)
Particularly if a single minor fault with any other manuf's product is blown the eff up.
Having one of the board owners as an employee of that manufacturer doesn't help either, a
situation best avoided IMO, and no offense to anyone involved, it is what it is.

I hate to say it but I can kinda see where asdf was coming from and how he ended up crazier than a chithouse rat.
The finger pointing towards anti-blue conspiracy has three fingers pointing back at it. Not unlike a homophobic republican.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2015, 01:20:43 PM »
Eh, the board obviously leans towards one manufacturer. I don't think anyone can deny that.
When sketchy info comes out about one of that manufacturers products that is quickly swept under
the rug it doesn't exactly reinforce transparency. (CSIC collection can be turned off under service mode 2 BTW)
Particularly if a single minor fault with any other manuf's product is blown the eff up.
Having one of the board owners as an employee of that manufacturer doesn't help either, a
situation best avoided IMO, and no offense to anyone involved, it is what it is.

I hate to say it but I can kinda see where asdf was coming from and how he ended up crazier than a chithouse rat.
The finger pointing towards anti-blue conspiracy has three fingers pointing back at it. Not unlike a homophobic republican.
With that said I am done with this thread. Can't help so no need to waste any more time.
Rich Hoffman

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2015, 01:22:18 PM »
This split needs a split

A great number of the splitees need a life! :P
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2015, 01:23:13 PM »
I would love to see more companies show case there equipment here, but we all know how that goes, don't know how much good info is coming from this thread yet, but maybe it will let people know they can talk about problems openly and hopefully not get bashed.  I said long time ago I would not bring up my press company anymore because of some of what I'm reading now, again I do believe talking about problem's with popular equipment helps other in knowing how to deal with it or what to look out for.  Don't really think people would stop buying from that company but just have some good info, but really what other equipment company do you all see here? I would really like to see more here because knowledge is power and food for thought.  Nothing against the main company that's here more than any I like there style but lets get all those fella's here and talk about what can be without giving away company secrets.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 01:51:08 PM by 3Deep »
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2015, 01:25:46 PM »
Could it be that it leans that way because the industry does?

To quote Gilligan:
Sometimes the simplest explanation is the right one.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2015, 01:30:37 PM »
That the F150 is the biggest selling truck in America doesn't make it the best. In fact the evidence
points to quite the opposite. But don't dare tell that to the ford boys.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2015, 01:35:37 PM »
That the F150 is the biggest selling truck in America doesn't make it the best. In fact the evidence
points to quite the opposite. But don't dare tell that to the ford boys.

Did I suggest anything about who was or wasn't best? Is this another one of posts your reading into?

I said the industry leans that way.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2015, 01:42:50 PM »
Play devils advocate for a second.  Let's pretend Anatol makes CTS units and 4 or 5 recent buyers got new machines shortly after they had the originals installed.  Allow  yourself to wonder, as honest as you can, how that scenario would have played out on this forum.  Now look back to how the real issue was handled and discussed and let's talk about how the two would have been different, if indeed you feel they would have been different.  If you think it would have been the same, then that's fine too, but I doubt anyone that's being honest with themselves would feel that way. 

Since it was M&R, the discussion, what little of it, was handled very professionally and it certainly didn't get out of hand.  But most of us that have been here a long time know exactly how this has been handled in the past with other manufacturers.  Mods would have been involved, hell, I might have been sent more legal papers telling me to shut the F up or else.  Regardless, we all know there is a double standard with this situation, it's not the end of the world and it really doesn't affect whether or not we will go with M&R for our CTS purchase.  I can see through it all and put things in the proper perspective as well as most of us can, but we also know how one or two dogs are not usually a problem, but a pack of dogs takes on something far greater/different than the individual dogs that make up the pack.

Using Anatol as an example would certainly change the response, based on how they handled business in the past.  It's interesting the spin here is basically people here are faulting M&R for making customers happy?  Nothing to sweep under the rug, obviously the ST is a better unit and M&R pointed that out to each of us prior to us buying the older units. Instead of "told you so best wishes", they let us swap + difference in cost. 

Nobody was or is accusing M&R of anything? That is something you are pulling out of thin air.

We all know if Anatol released the most bad a$$ unbeleviabley fast, super engineered, super super cheap CTS this board would explode with why it would suck and why no one should touch it with a ten foot pole. We all seen that happen with the Volt threads.

That's IMO not a double standard, that's a earned response to how they have handled customers/equipment in the past.  In other word's they have earned that response. They seem to be improving and I think most of us welcome that and respond accordingly as they improve. A lot of people with issue with Anatol aren't M&R customers now so its not like its all M&R people firing shots at them.

IMHO it is a double standard. A double standard by the community not the manufacturers. The talk should be about the machine and what it can or can't do, its merits and its cons. Anatol certainly has a shaky past but why take it out on something that could be excellent and extremely beneficial to us in the industry? Look at Boris's original thread he wanted qualified information from users about eh Spyder machine. He never asked for anything else, he never even mentioned he wanted to compare specs with any other machine, he wanted information by users about that specific machine. But through whatever whatever everything tail spanned to M&R and $hit tons of information from people that do not even own the machine he was inquiring about. Gilligan in a very sideways way pointed this out to Dan but he got lamb basted for it. If I was Boris I would have been a bit ticked off i was getting responses that completely ignored my original request and took me for granted that i even wanted to compare machines which i never even stated.
"No man is an island"

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2015, 01:57:04 PM »

IMHO it is a double standard. A double standard by the community not the manufacturers. The talk should be about the machine and what it can or can't do, its merits and its cons. Anatol certainly has a shaky past but why take it out on something that could be excellent and extremely beneficial to us in the industry? Look at Boris's original thread he wanted qualified information from users about eh Spyder machine. He never asked for anything else, he never even mentioned he wanted to compare specs with any other machine, he wanted information by users about that specific machine. But through whatever whatever everything tail spanned to M&R and $hit tons of information from people that do not even own the machine he was inquiring about. Gilligan in a very sideways way pointed this out to Dan but he got lamb basted for it. If I was Boris I would have been a bit ticked off i was getting responses that completely ignored my original request and took me for granted that i even wanted to compare machines which i never even stated.
but don't it always end up this way
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2015, 02:11:12 PM »

IMO Anatol or any manufacture is going to get the response they have earned, the way to change that (what you suggest is a double standard) is to change how they got on the wrong side of it.  Respect is earned.

Dan didn't bring up M&R in his post, so while maybe it wasn't exactly what the OP requested in his first post it wasn't useless and was valuable information. It wasn't at all brand specific.  Someone else chose to make it about brand and that's just the facts. IMO if anything now a double standard has been applied to Dan by that math. The man can't make a informative comment (without positive or negative or specifics to brand) without it being considered some how a way to sell more CTS units for M&R.  Dan has a lot of great knowledge and I would suggest that regardless where he worked/works. It's a slippery slope this topic is going to start touching on.

We all need to get our Nascar jackets with logos on them so we can all know that coke sucks and Pepsi is why we won the race.  (This is a joke, maybe).

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2015, 02:13:10 PM »
Coke does suck

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2015, 02:21:58 PM »
"No man is an island"

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2015, 02:24:47 PM »
lol, i love ordering a pepsi in a restaurant and when they say is coke ok? I say no and the look on their face is awesome

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?