Author Topic: Letterpress Hangtags?  (Read 3285 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Letterpress Hangtags?
« on: January 27, 2015, 06:02:11 PM »
Anyone got a line for these? Similar to this:
Tried silkcards and a the usual printing places with no luck

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: Letterpress Hangtags?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 06:04:15 PM »
you can try mama's sauce, but they'll be pricey
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 06:25:32 PM »
Not an easy find.. very much a dying art for commercial printing but a good hobbyist base. ... These guys are the crap and do amazing work,located in Portland Oregon.

http://eggpress.com

Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 06:33:27 PM »
Far from you, but in my area:

http://www.emletterpress.com/
Talk to Elias or Matt. They do great work and have been doing letterpress for a very long time. I'm sure they can take care of you. Super nice people.

Offline Get Shirts

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 07:12:04 PM »
I rent space to a letterpress shop, they can definitely do this.  appalachiapress.com

Amazing work.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 01:00:26 AM »
Sweet thanks guys!

Offline riseandshine

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 03:39:56 PM »
I hope I'm not being too spammy because I'm more of a lurker here, but we do letterpress printing and we could definitely do die-cut letterpress hang tags just like that. Our website is www.riseandshinepaper.com.

Just got a flatbed screen press so we're excited to be offering that soon too (if we can get good enough at it).
Rise and Shine Letterpress | 2401 Lee St. Alexandria, LA 71301 | 800-213-6408 | riseandshinepaper.com

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 04:17:30 PM »
Isn't that example blind debossed?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline riseandshine

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 04:57:54 PM »
That's right, blind debossed! It's just like letterpress printing but without the ink, and with the impression cranked all the way.

We do it on 1950s Heidelberg letterpress printing presses. When you use soft paper, especially 100% Cotton paper, you can get the deepest imprint into the sheet.

Sometimes if we need to make an extra-deep imprint, we will use a metal die on our hot foil stamping press, a 1970's Kluge. The heat helps to flatten the paper fibers for an crisp look.

Then we will die-cut the sheet after printing if it is a special shape. Otherwise it is trimmed on the guillotine paper cutter.

Rise and Shine Letterpress | 2401 Lee St. Alexandria, LA 71301 | 800-213-6408 | riseandshinepaper.com

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 06:51:01 PM »
That's right, blind debossed! It's just like letterpress printing but without the ink, and with the impression cranked all the way.

We do it on 1950s Heidelberg letterpress printing presses. When you use soft paper, especially 100% Cotton paper, you can get the deepest imprint into the sheet.

Sometimes if we need to make an extra-deep imprint, we will use a metal die on our hot foil stamping press, a 1970's Kluge. The heat helps to flatten the paper fibers for an crisp look.

Then we will die-cut the sheet after printing if it is a special shape. Otherwise it is trimmed on the guillotine paper cutter.

You're talking to a former die-stamper, and across the room, we had two "windmills" and a big Kluge for foil.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline riseandshine

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2015, 12:16:54 AM »
Aren't they amazing? We have 4 Windmills and 2 Kluges here. I used to be very much in love with the Windmills, but the Kluges have been winning me over. The Kluge feeder is a thing to behold. Here's one in action for anyone curious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNmHT_C0LQM. Not my machine, wish it was, looks tight.