Author Topic: Somebody Correct here  (Read 1233 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Somebody Correct here
« on: January 30, 2015, 05:41:14 PM »
Ok work done so I'm checking screen print vids on the net, and I run across this vid that title screen printing on black shirts without a white underbase, so I'm like gotta check this out.  Had to laugh when the first color they printed was white, but they printed white no flash and the other 3 colors direct on the shirt wow them flashed.  Came back and repeated the same process wow, now tell me where is the benefit to that?, think I would have printed the white flashed printed white again just using the one white screen and one stroke the other 3 colors wow and done...I'm I missing something here....oh then I thinking if I got the right screen mesh and white ink I'm only printing the underbase white once or 2 strokes flash and then wow with the other 3 colors.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: Somebody Correct here
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 06:03:42 PM »
Only makes sense on a manual and because it would be much faster to setup using the no base method.  We do this on the manual from time to time but I wouldn't print the white first in that scenario.  With a print like that and an underbase and your average manual press...setup time will be long. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 07:17:30 PM »
Pretty sure ALL the colors in the TOP SCORE line are made to print WITHOUT and underbase.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 07:34:15 PM »
Yes it was a manual press, I was thinking auto...@ Jason yep colors didn't overlap each other all butt reggie.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 09:53:40 AM »
That's kind of how we printed in the mid seventies, before flashing was developed. However, the general rule was dark colors to light, usually meaning white last, but if the white parts were mostly small bits, the next brightest color, if taking up more surface area, was printed last. I started on Vastex 4 color manual.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't