Author Topic: Zero discharge  (Read 1944 times)

Offline noortrd

Zero discharge
« on: February 09, 2015, 11:47:54 AM »
Our enduser need zero formaldehyde before washing for infants. Can we use magna discharge .

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Zero discharge
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 12:31:02 PM »
Our enduser need zero formaldehyde before washing for infants. Can we use magna discharge .

Magna has a line that uses NFS instead of ZFS. It is slightly duller than the regular discharge.
Your other option is HSA.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 09:59:52 PM »
Noortrd- where are you again? Outside the US if I remember right. If that is so, you have a handful of choices. Pretty sure they ask use NFS like Pierre said.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 10:37:36 PM »
He is in Pakistan.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Rob Coleman

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 08:48:32 AM »

Contact MagnaColours directly for sales into your region.  http://www.magnacolours.com/.  Just recently released their newest MagnaMix software with formulas in High Solids, Discharge, and Soft Bases.

They have a global patent on the Non-Formaldehyde Discharge product (the base material / not the activator).  You do need the correct base and activator. 

MagnaPrint ULF series - Base, Blending White, Super White.  Plus ECO pigments.  Plus Activator M.

EDIT - Make certain you communicate with their compliance department for your specific needs.  Fluorescent pigments for instance contain small amounts of formaldehyde, and may or may not meet the requirements for INFANT wear printing.  Child, yes, but perhaps not infant.  Whoever yo speak with, get documentation for your needs.  Ultimately, it is up to you as the printer to ensure your garments and embellishments meet your customer and/or government standards and RSL's.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 08:55:19 AM by Rob Coleman »
Rob Coleman | Vice President
Textile Business Unit | Nazdar SourceOne | sourceone.nazdar.com
(800) 677-4657 ext. 3708 | Cell (678) 230-4463
rcoleman@nazdar.com

Offline noortrd

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 12:49:53 PM »
For baby its zero but for men its 75mg/kg formaldehyde . Anybody know how much formaldehyde in zfs prinitng.?

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 11:36:45 PM »
For baby its zero but for men its 75mg/kg formaldehyde . Anybody know how much formaldehyde in zfs prinitng.?

That's a great question.  I've read anywhere from some to none.  My guess is it depends on the curing but then again I believe most textiles have formaldehyde in them as a "preservative" so that also needs to be addressed.  Post laundering would probably solve the issue.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Offline Rob Coleman

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 02:26:47 PM »
From Nike;s published RSL October 2014:

Nike limits are more stringent than legislated limits. Nike requires ALL materials to be <75ppm for Little Kids, Big Kids
and Adults.

Limits (exc footwear)
Infant/Toddler - 16mg/kg
Kids/Adults - 75mg/kg

In case you are not aware, formaldehyde is naturally occurring in some foods - check this out - http://www.cfs.gov.hk/english/whatsnew/whatsnew_fa/files/formaldehyde.pdf

An apple can have up to 22mg/kg.  Pears up to 60...
Rob Coleman | Vice President
Textile Business Unit | Nazdar SourceOne | sourceone.nazdar.com
(800) 677-4657 ext. 3708 | Cell (678) 230-4463
rcoleman@nazdar.com

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 02:45:42 PM »
That's why I always roll my eyes when people talk about getting formaldehyde poisoning from using discharge ink (common on another forum...) when really they have a sensitivity to zinc and their skin is reacting as a result.