Author Topic: S-Roque Print Head Mod for Name Drops  (Read 1504 times)

Offline 1964GN

S-Roque Print Head Mod for Name Drops
« on: February 10, 2015, 01:38:23 PM »
I thought I would share a short video of our ND print head. We do a lot of name drops these days and this minor modification seemed to be the most elegant solution of all of the presses we looked at.

We have the S-Roque pin system so when you lock in the frame all you have to do is slide the head/screen. The print head/screen will actually travel the entire length of the arm. When sliding the screen there is a very slight pivot of the screen but if your ND isn't squared up a simple twist of the micros fixes it. So, depending on the size and location of the name drops, you can fill nearly the entire screen. We generally have 12-ish per screen. 6 on one end and six on another.

While this does take one head away from us (giving us 11) we can easily zero out that head if we needed 12 colors. We kept the set up screen from the install and are able to zero it out in less than 10 minutes.

http://youtu.be/Il-4fc4CFEg

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: S-Roque Print Head Mod for Name Drops
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 01:58:31 PM »
That is sweet! Who came up with the mod?!!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 02:04:11 PM »
It was Kurtis' idea but Buck did the install... it's pretty damn slick.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 02:18:47 PM »
I assume that is the only head you did it to, other wise the pin registration would be useless? There was time that I wish i had U Clamp style head so that you could slide the head front to back for something like this or if you needed to print lower for what ever reason, but after looking at yours, thats pretty slick.

~Ryan

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 02:54:02 PM »
I assume that is the only head you did it to, other wise the pin registration would be useless? There was time that I wish i had U Clamp style head so that you could slide the head front to back for something like this or if you needed to print lower for what ever reason, but after looking at yours, thats pretty slick.

~Ryan

Yep, just one head.