Author Topic: Job info on a tablet?  (Read 2019 times)

Offline 1964GN

Job info on a tablet?
« on: February 24, 2015, 05:12:46 PM »
We want to move as much job info to a tablet on the production floor as we can. I am looking for an app that can hold job info, not necessarily a production schedule. So far I am looking at Wunderlist and Trello but was hoping others may have found a better solution that a list app.

Wunderlist looks good so far... I can set up a list per client and with in that list have all of there jobs separated.

Any one using something that they really like?

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Re: Job info on a tablet?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 05:20:30 PM »
Using a sheet I built in google docs currently but we are migrating off cloud storage very soon.

So I would say any spreadsheet app you like on local server or cloud that allows for data validation on tablets.  The data validation lets you add drop down type menus, very easy to adjust and use on the tablet v. typing.   Benefit to using cloud for this is you can place a link inside your mgmt program, such as printavo which is what we do currently, it takes a bit of work in the office but it means single point of access for all information on the shop floor.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 05:38:43 PM »
Using a sheet I built in google docs currently but we are migrating off cloud storage very soon.

So I would say any spreadsheet app you like on local server or cloud that allows for data validation on tablets.  The data validation lets you add drop down type menus, very easy to adjust and use on the tablet v. typing.   Benefit to using cloud for this is you can place a link inside your mgmt program, such as printavo which is what we do currently, it takes a bit of work in the office but it means single point of access for all information on the shop floor.

this is what we do. All of our press ops have access to mock ups and press sheets through Ipads and tablets.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 06:14:38 PM »
Currently working on making our database accessible from Android devices. We can setup a simple web system
to view info but full integration will give us the most control from both ends. I don't know how often your guyses schedule changes
but we certainly need up to the minute info here. Unfortunately learning the Android system is like learning computers all over again.

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 07:14:36 PM »
We use printavo for that, it's not the most detailed but our invoices have production notes and then we attach PDF production proofs/documents that have the info. Pretty handy and easy. And the fact that it is our production schedule and invoicing software as well just makes everything smooth.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 05:05:46 AM »
My wife made a custom database in Filemaker that included all customer details, invoicing, jobsheets etc. We are able to use it via FilemakerGo on our iPads. You can make updates to jobsheets and other parts of the database via the iPads.
If you ask me Filemaker is the best app for this purpose especially if you need to customize your database. If youy are not skilled enough you can always find someone on Odesk.com to make you a Filemaker database to your very own specifications.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 10:40:24 AM »
we just use a dropbox..easy peasy..File names with the date and then the job name, they open the pdf and shows mock and all info..

at end of day we remove that days file.. as soon as a customer approves the mock it gets moved into dropbox.. works with ipads..

wicked easy