Author Topic: Anyone ever seen this with Accurip Pearl ?  (Read 3236 times)

Offline Matt Rimmer

Anyone ever seen this with Accurip Pearl ?
« on: March 10, 2015, 12:02:13 AM »
Hey guys,

New to this whole thing so bare with me please :) I was using a "Trial version" of accurip and bought it tonight ( still waiting for a serial number - kinda frustrated ) but went to print some films tonight and this happened on the 3rd of 4 films. I tried going back, re doing the artwork, but did it again ( this time on the second film ) and the pattern was different than the last one. Is this because I ( And I am guessing here because I deleted it when I downloaded the purchased version of Accurip - but again don't have serial number yet to check ) the accurip I was using could have been expired ?

Offline Matt Rimmer

Re: Anyone ever seen this with Accurip Pearl ?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 12:02:41 AM »
I should also write thank you in advance for any help everyone  :)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 12:40:56 AM »
I should also write thank you in advance for any help everyone  :)

Matt,

we'll need a little more info please! what printer are you using and what is the problem. (remember, we don't know what our artwork looks like)
Which film are you using and it would not hurt to know the ink, too.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Matt Rimmer

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 12:50:05 AM »
Hey Pierre,

The artwork is a hand drawn fish, so nothing supposed to be blocky in it at all. I was printing 4 films, and it only happened to one of them ... I "was" using a trial version of accurip pearl, and ( funnily enough ) was planning on buying the program tonight ( which I did ) but still waiting on serial numbers for the stupid program ( they sent me the programs via email but no mention of serial numbers ) So I deleted the accurip prematurely because as these were printing I was downloading the new accurip, and then they printed the one film of the 4 printed like that! Now, I suspect its because my accurip trial may have been up, and I am hoping to high heaven that in the morning when they send me my accurip serial numbers those blocky camo patterns are gone. But knowing myself like I do I won't sleep a wink tonight trying to figure it out! I use a new Epson 4900 printer, not running all black ( Yet - still can't source out an all black setup for the 4900 ) with generic epson ink.

I appreciate the response Pierre! Thank you :)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 07:24:51 AM »
Hey Pierre,

The artwork is a hand drawn fish, so nothing supposed to be blocky in it at all. I was printing 4 films, and it only happened to one of them ... I "was" using a trial version of accurip pearl, and ( funnily enough ) was planning on buying the program tonight ( which I did ) but still waiting on serial numbers for the stupid program ( they sent me the programs via email but no mention of serial numbers ) So I deleted the accurip prematurely because as these were printing I was downloading the new accurip, and then they printed the one film of the 4 printed like that! Now, I suspect its because my accurip trial may have been up, and I am hoping to high heaven that in the morning when they send me my accurip serial numbers those blocky camo patterns are gone. But knowing myself like I do I won't sleep a wink tonight trying to figure it out! I use a new Epson 4900 printer, not running all black ( Yet - still can't source out an all black setup for the 4900 ) with generic epson ink.

Hey Matt,

Check with AR, as I've never seen this issue before. It does sound like you are right and it is the expired trial version. Also, I would stick with only one black and put the cleaning solution in the other heads.

Pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 09:40:32 AM »
Hey Pierre,

Matt, here is  kit. I use the 4800 version and love it 1 black with ulano rolled film.
http://filmdirectonline.com/

Shane