Author Topic: Stickers?  (Read 3320 times)

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Stickers?
« on: March 10, 2015, 04:47:04 PM »
I have always used local sign shops for stickers or ordered online, but I want to see what everyone else is doing.  The sign shop type places are great for quick turnaround, but suck when it comes to options typically.  The online places I have used are cheap, but slow and I always feel like I'm gambling on what I will get.

A typical job would be something like 1000-3000 contour cut (usually circles/ovals) with either black/white or some kind of bright colored logo.  I'd love to find a place that offered the contour cut split backings and stuff like UV durable gloss coatings etc.

What do y'all do for orders like this?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Stickers?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 04:57:10 PM »
I have always used local sign shops for stickers or ordered online, but I want to see what everyone else is doing.  The sign shop type places are great for quick turnaround, but suck when it comes to options typically.  The online places I have used are cheap, but slow and I always feel like I'm gambling on what I will get.

A typical job would be something like 1000-3000 contour cut (usually circles/ovals) with either black/white or some kind of bright colored logo.  I'd love to find a place that offered the contour cut split backings and stuff like UV durable gloss coatings etc.

Post in Member to Member
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 05:16:12 PM »
www.tradenetcatalog.com/item_choose.cfm?listing=QuickSearch&strip=0&ClearListOrder=true They have some stock dies....Printed with an Indigo press on removable vinyl and UV coating.....For longer runs where you can afford a "custom die" they are 220.00 net.....

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 05:22:24 PM »
I like Gill-Line. Set up is built into the prices, lots of shapes and easy to follow.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 05:25:50 PM »

just messaged you!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 05:27:21 PM »
Yea, just called and emailed the guy.  He is about 2 blocks away from me actually :D  Thanks!

Offline KevWilso

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 05:29:03 PM »
I was going to email you the same guy earlier; who is right down the road.   I just got busy and it was on my to-do list.  Lots of people use them.

Kevin Wilson
River City Graphic Supply 512-454-0505 www.rivercitygraphicsupply.com

Offline Fluid

• !!!
  • Keep the Ink Moving... Stay Corelian My Friends!
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 08:16:07 PM »
Stouse.com is another good one to have in your vendors list. They do a great job and ar ASI, PPAI, SAGE & UPIC stouse.

Richard Reilly - Fluid

Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW MasterĀ® 

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2015, 08:16:53 PM »
Stouse.com is another good one to have in your vendors list. They do a great job and ar ASI, PPAI, SAGE & UPIC stouse.

Richard Reilly - Fluid

very true.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2015, 08:58:09 PM »
Very, very true.
Use them for most.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 07:27:39 AM »
Stouse. I use them sometimes even after I got all of the equipment for printing decals.
Sometimes makes more sense outsourcing that making them in house.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2015, 11:00:13 AM »
Same here; when we opened we printed everything. After a while, we couldn't compete with what we needed to charge if we did it ourselves, so off to the big boys, and print something we can compete on. Our flatbed prints one job a year now, 50 signs for a guy that sponsors a free thanksgiving dinner every year for the down and out, or just plain lonely, no questions asked.

steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2015, 12:02:01 PM »
Never been much of a Stouse fan, however, I know they do good work....And it appears their prices are much more competitive now than they have been in the past...