Author Topic: 50/50 red Port shirts problems anybody?  (Read 985 times)

Offline Jwcontractscreen

• !!!
50/50 red Port shirts problems anybody?
« on: April 13, 2015, 06:46:51 PM »
I printed 120 Amazing bright white/ Flash/ Amazing bright white/ Flash / Black  on 50/50 red PC's last week. The white turned pink so I reprinted them with Quick instead of Amazing, and paid a courier 186.00 to deliver them 120 miles to the customer. Today, they are saying that they are pink again. I actually printed a sample for myself and my sample was also pink this morning.

I know how to use a dye blocker or something else for a reprint if they insist on a reprint of the identical shirt, but I'm just wondering how many other people are experiencing this? I'm only a contract printer and I am so far upside down on this job that it sux, but I ALWAYS do the right thing for my customers. 

Is is only port or are other manufacturers having red problems. At this point, It's only on red port for us.
Contract screen printing in Northern Kentucky
www.jwcontractscreen.com

Offline Jwcontractscreen

• !!!
Re: 50/50 red Port shirts problems anybody?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 06:40:07 PM »
Am I the only one that is now not able to use quick white on red ports?
Contract screen printing in Northern Kentucky
www.jwcontractscreen.com

Online cclaud3

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 07:19:11 PM »
Both inks are for moderate bleed resistance. A red 50/50 is the worst scenario for either of those inks. The only way you would have gotten lucky is to print through a 110 and keep the temp low. I would use a poly white for a red 50/50 of any make. I use the poly performance white by wilflex for this situation.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 07:25:27 PM »
What was your temp on your dryer. The quick white should have done fine. I print 50/50 and even 100 poly with quick and have no problems. I do check my dryer and make sure it is at the lowest temp needed for those shirts. Poly shirts cure ink faster and need less time in the tunnel to get to temp, IME. If you over heat 50/50 shirts they will bleed. I honestly hate port shirts.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 07:26:42 PM »
No experience with either of those whites, but a little more than 20 years ago, I had a United Way red 50/50 printed white turn pink a week later and I haven't done one since. Since these's usually a cotton equivalent, I figured why bother?
I'd leave the headaches for someone else. Apparently, you this time around.

I'm sure that some of the guys here will suggest a real poly ink rather than a low bleed.

btw, I remember a few years back hearing then Union Ink President Richard Labov say that dye jobs were getting so bad that they were even seeing problems with some cottons!

on a side note, I really regret that Richard passed away before this place came into fruition. He would have loved it.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?