Author Topic: Bulk Web Tack System?  (Read 1172 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Bulk Web Tack System?
« on: April 27, 2015, 03:18:59 PM »
I did a "moving toward zero waste" seminar last week and we all identified our most wasteful areas of our businesses.  The one I came up with was web spray tack.  We're all wb, roll on application for tack except for fleece- just cases upon cases of aerosol cans going in the trash every season.  Sure it's less wasteful than scrapping hoodies from inadequate tacking I suppose but the young gentlemen leading the seminar was interested in working with us to find a solution get rid of the cans and I'm all for it.  Does anyone know if such a thing as a bulk web tack applicator exists?  Perhaps even a refillable aerosol could work if there was a source for the web in bulk.  I understand that the cans may simply be a necessary evil. 

A follow up would be does anyone use a bulk wb applicator that has an option to apply a web style or heavier coating suitable for fleece?  Something like an Annamister might work if you could tune it for hoodies or maybe just hit it every revolution if it could fit between the loader and unloader without interfering with operation.  Sounds faster than gunning every board down every revolution.  This is presuming these devices actually work and aren't finicky or wasteful due to the need to flush them, etc. 

Just wanted to kick around ideas and thoughts on this. 

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
Re: Bulk Web Tack System?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 03:36:19 PM »
Years ago we had an electric gun similar to the one in the link. We ran solvent based adhesive through it. Worked for fleece.

http://albatross-usa.com/expertag3000adhesivespraygunalbatrossxrt.aspx
Dale Hoyal

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Re: Bulk Web Tack System?
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 04:07:33 PM »
That could be an easy fix, just a get a bulk adhesive sprayer and the solvent web in bulk.  I'll get in touch with Albatross and some other vendors and see what they think.

I think an annamister type could be a boon as nobody has to pickup a can of spray and put it back.  I just wonder about flushing them at the end of the day and the additional hassle there.  Maybe worth it though, we had some fleece runs over 1k pcs this last season.