Author Topic: We use Shopworks and have found a huge limitation  (Read 1531 times)

Offline Screen Medics

• Verified/Junior
We use Shopworks and have found a huge limitation
« on: May 28, 2015, 01:33:28 PM »
Hey guys,

We use shopworks and one of our contract customers gives us around 3600 orders a year. We have been manually entering the orders. This year our customer started supplying a excel spreadsheet for us to automatically import. Guess what?? SHOPWORKS DOES NOT HAVE THE FUNCTIONALITY TO IMPORT ORDERS VIA CSV OR XLS. We are in contact with them and they want $1,500 to $2,500 to create a custom tool to do this import for us. They said it wont be done until towards the end of the year. 

I have two questions:

Does anyone have a reference to a business that does electronic data processing?Does anyone have a reference to a software for the embroidery and screen printing industry for order entry and production management like Shopworks.

If you look at my attachment you can see the priority "block formatting" that shopworks uses. What I need to do is convert the data in the spreadsheet to the shopworks block formatting.

I need help and do not know how to proceed.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: We use Shopworks and have found a huge limitation
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 03:07:28 PM »
We do it with our database in Filemaker. Thing is, your client must send the spreadsheets formatted exactly the same every time for it to work.
A freelancer familiar with databases should be able to knock it out for you easy peasy.

Offline Screen Medics

• Verified/Junior
Re: We use Shopworks and have found a huge limitation
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 03:56:14 PM »
Thank you ebscreen,

We are in talks with a filemaker database company. I appreciate your suggestion.