Author Topic: WTB Rapid Tag, or similar  (Read 4150 times)

Offline ffokazak

WTB Rapid Tag, or similar
« on: June 03, 2015, 01:43:12 PM »
Hey guys were going to be doing about 13k tags, sleeves and napes coming up real quick here. Just putting a feeler out to see if someone has one they want to get rid of.

Let me know!

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: WTB Rapid Tag, or similar
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 03:40:45 PM »
if i were you, and doing this many, i'd look for a small 6 color auto, if you have space!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 06:22:49 PM »
ericheartsu, You own one don't you?

Thanks for the insight, can I ask why you would make that suggestion?

Space is a limitation... but we should be moving up real quick here.

Thanks in advance,

Offline willy35

• www.broceliande-serigraphie.com
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 07:02:21 PM »
I don't own any of these machine, but here a Chineese SGIA member that was at Fespa Cologne
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvT1InT66kA

Exist in different colors setting.
www.broceliande-serigraphie.com
San Gen Shugi - real place (Gen-ba), real part (Gen-butsu), reality (Gen-jitsu)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 07:22:54 PM »
Get the new one that OTS makes and be done with it. They made the one Workhorse use to sell. Miles better than the RapidTag. The RapidTag works, but you get what you pay for..... Don't plan on printing any opaque white on the RapidTag...
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 08:47:30 PM »
Get the new one that OTS makes and be done with it. They made the one Workhorse use to sell. Miles better than the RapidTag. The RapidTag works, but you get what you pay for..... Don't plan on printing any opaque white on the RapidTag...

this is true. but for quick, down and dirty tags, it's pretty easy to use.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 02:04:47 AM »
Thanks guys!

Just out of curiosity, can't you PFP on the rapid tag?

The Claw looks cool, but no flash?  Leads me to believe that you're still going to be looking at a white without a second coat on the claw. We can get a good solid white with a nice Newman frame on the auto, but have yet to print anything as smooth asa real PFP....

I saw the rapid tag has a registration bearing, and figured it would index, and then be in register for a second print once it was back at the print head.  Am I missing something?

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 06:21:37 AM »
OTS has a whole line of printers with mutable screens and flashes. Like TCT said much better product.

I'm more of a good used 6 color auto fan, same price range more versital.

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 09:02:20 AM »
In case you haven't seen it, there's a Workhorse Cutlass with two flashes on Ebay.  No idea what these go for but the "Best Offer" option is available.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Workhorse-Cutlass-Small-Format-6-2-Auto-Screen-Printer-/271883913370?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f4d8b489a
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 09:46:39 AM »
Hey guys were going to be doing about 13k tags, sleeves and napes coming up real quick here. Just putting a feeler out to see if someone has one they want to get rid of.

Let me know!
The Rapid Tag gets the job done, & they have upped their game with the newer model. However if it were me. Unless you are planning to get into this kind of thing full time maybe look at outsourcing this part of the project or just doing it with the equipment you have in house now, you don't need a piece of equipment sitting around collecting dust. That said almost anything at that price point will pay for its self real quick, if you have the work to put on it. Most of these machines are small & compact enough you could just shove them in the corner when not being used, if space is an issue. As far as a %100 opaque white or PFP, I wouldn't focus on that to much as most people don't really want it that way or are just fine with %80 for tags. Just keep in mind that you probably won't get the same print out of the tagging press as you do on you're current auto. PFP can be done on the rapid tag even without the PIN, at you're own risk & its not really worth it because at some point it will probably slip reg for some reason. Its always been best for us to do the pfp stuff on our autos. I'm not sure about this on the new units & looks to me as if the  ASPE team has has made some good improvements to the updated models. I like the look of the Otis units & they seem to be well built, I haven't used them so I have no real input on them.

Murphy37

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 10:05:11 AM »
I use transfers for tags since you get the opacity without any really noticable hand due to the smooth finish.  I agree that doing a p/f/p tag is overkill.  You really don't need it to pop off the shirt and the added hand is bad for actual wear.

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2015, 11:35:58 AM »
Thanks guys!

I would never PFP a tag. Cool grey all the way! the PFP would be for napes, or sleeves, or whatever else is on the machine when we need to run the bigger auto on other jobs. We just did several thousand PFP napes and it was holding up a 6 colour job on the auto. I COULD get by with single hit most of the time, but it would be nice to know that if we need to, we can get a nice bright white on the machine.

Ill check out that workhorse press, it looks pretty sharp but I am having a hard time finding any info/ videos on it.

As far as a full size 6 colour instead, it is a space issue. We are actively looking for new space, and once we find that I am going for another 10 colour press, so

Man I wish I could find a mini gauntlet II... haha

Offline hoogie

• feel free to email hoogies@bnin.net
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2015, 12:17:24 PM »
I bought tag pallets for our auto, two at a time and you can kick them out super fast. Just a thought.
Hoogie...

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2015, 03:37:30 PM »
Why didn't I think of that Hoogie!

Offline trebor

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2015, 04:06:13 PM »
I have a used auto thermal label machine. I will sell it for $2500. Located in Illinois.