Author Topic: Roland VP540 instal/network helping  (Read 1339 times)

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Roland VP540 instal/network helping
« on: June 07, 2015, 04:56:27 PM »
I'm trying to install my Roland VP540 printer and am having a little bit of trouble with the networking part. Can these be hooked direct to your computer with a USB? It doesn't give instruction to in the manual, but I know the printers a few years old.

Going through the Ethernet connection I have to network it. I've never done this before and am finding this a little bit of a challenge. Can anyone offer me any help? I think it may be the gateway setting I have wrong. :/

Offline UltraSeps

Re: Roland VP540 instal/network helping
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 01:29:40 PM »
I had my Roland XC-540 connected directly to a computer using its network connection with a RJ-45 crossover cable.  Only problem with that is you'd lose the network connection port of the computer itself as its then dedicated to the printer.  This should work with your VersaCamm.

You could also look into using a USB to RJ45 crossover cable.  This "might" work and wouldn't take the computer off the network as the USB of the computer would be used and not the network socket.

I did this since I always had network connectivity issues for some reason with my XP-540.
Developer of UltraSeps and QuikSeps Color Separation Software. 
Oh yeah, I actually printed t-shirts too for over 30 years.
www.ultraseps.com   www.quikseps.com   www.customseps.com

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Roland VP540 instal/network helping
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 01:46:20 PM »
Thanks! I'll try this.