Author Topic: Newman Frames goof  (Read 5464 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Newman Frames goof
« on: June 19, 2015, 12:30:33 PM »
Ok I give up, we have about 30 newman frames which I need to remesh with some nice S mesh, but for the life of me I can't get a consistent tension to save my F'ing life.  I've look at the vids and try and follow all the instructions soft corners etc, but still come up with different numbers..like the frame I just got done monkeying with 22 back 18 middle 20 at the top chit is all over the place.  I know these are older frames M1 with the square back, hell I've even got some of the nicer 23x31 frames same thing and I know it's me, I suck...no roller's for me, static's it is LOL.

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline GaryG

• !!!
Re: Newman Frames goof
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 12:37:57 PM »
Are you using the clip and hanging clamp method?
There may be some minute +- differences across the plane.
Usually the 2 newtons diff. will be pretty normal being such a
small measurement anyways between a couple of newtons.

A flick of the mesh can have different readings at times also.

Panel mesh is most stable way of getting the 9 point equal tension.

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 01:01:34 PM »
wow, you're stretching bolt mesh? ... YUCK.

I echo what Gary says:  Panel mesh is the easiest way .... we get all of ours from Shurloc and have never had tension differences across the mesh.

if I had to use locking strips i'd probably have shot myself by now... or at least drank a LOT of beer.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 01:55:49 PM »
Get the panels, Darryl.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 02:18:18 PM »
I don't do panels, but I have years of experience with meshing roller frames and get consistent equal tension measurements. I would think Darryls' problem may lie in improper softening of the corners. You can learn to do this properly Darryl... and here is your incentive...

1  23X31 150S shurloc panel = $24.99 >:(

1  piece 23X31 150S bolt mesh = $7.20 :D

A difference of about $18.00

You have 30 screens that need re-meshing, use the bolt mesh and save about $540.00, that is a lot of cold beer my friend. 8)
Dale Hoyal

Offline Croft

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 02:24:02 PM »
I don't do panels, but I have years of experience with meshing roller frames and get consistent equal tension measurements. I would think Darryls' problem may lie in improper softening of the corners. You can learn to do this properly Darryl... and here is your incentive...

You have 30 screens that need re-meshing, use the bolt mesh and save about $540.00, that is a lot of cold beer my friend. 8)

I agree , and to save the contortion show trying to tension / tighten at the same time , buy the SEFAR    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v89jXFKm1VU stretcher I can't believe how easy it was to use. Best $200 I spent

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 02:32:48 PM »
LOL thanks guys, yeah I've got some bolt mesh, we only have so many rollers everything else is statics, if all we had was rollers I'd be in trouble or I would seriously have to buy a  newman table.  Those vids made it look so easy a child could do it :-[...one more question do they made s mesh panels for the old panel frames I have some of those too back when everyone thought they were the root to poot.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2015, 03:24:41 PM »
am I missing something with the Sefar video?  That looks to be panels with a locking strip sewn on?

Offline Croft

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2015, 03:52:36 PM »
am I missing something with the Sefar video?  That looks to be panels with a locking strip sewn on?

can be used with both,

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2015, 03:54:03 PM »
I see what you were getting at... (we use a Shurloc Accelerator-X here).  Just thought that the Sefar one had a 'better' way for doing the locking strips and 'stretching' the mesh to make it more consistent across the entire frame.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2015, 04:05:26 PM »
Panels are ok but the corners are a little too soft for our taste. We use bolt mesh for more control in that area.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2015, 05:01:09 PM »

I've stretched tons of bolt mesh over the years, but the few minutes it takes to use the panels gives him back a lot of time to print and bill… it's just so much faster, of course, we have a shur-loc accelerator which makes it much easier. Time is always at a premium.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2015, 05:30:17 PM »

Get the panels, Darryl.

Steve
yes get the panels what are you a caveman

Roger
Www.rtscreendesigns.com
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline starchild

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2015, 05:34:16 PM »

I've stretched tons of bolt mesh over the years, but the few minutes it takes to use the panels gives him back a lot of time to print and bill… it's just so much faster, of course, we have a shur-loc accelerator which makes it much easier. Time is always at a premium.

Steve

The added assistance you get from using panels and the accelerator justifies the additional $18.. About 1800 impressions a penny per, on each frame will take care of the additional cost or else it should be considerd a loss of the same amount.

The panels are designed from templates so they're always the same per mesh type. Start logging your accelerator numbers for initial tension and retentions and the dark art is out the door on it's  behind.

Sent using Tapatalk

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2015, 06:17:22 PM »
D Man, I will call you Monday!  Have no fear.....Sonny is here!!!!!!
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald