Author Topic: Butterfly Machines?  (Read 2353 times)

Offline 1964GN

Butterfly Machines?
« on: June 20, 2015, 12:04:48 PM »
We are strongly considering getting into in house embroidery and have just started looking at machines. While looking at brands we found Butterfly. Even though they have been around for quite a while there is virtually zero info online about them, good or bad. It gives us pause but we had a similar issue when looking at SRoque presses.

The price is attractive but the lack of info is concerning. Can anyone enlighten us?

Offline Action1

Re: Butterfly Machines?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 01:04:04 PM »
Never heard of them. But you make a good point with your example. I would say above all else - support of the product is critical. SRoque has sizable ally here with real skin in the game. Does Butterfly? When we buy new machinery it's the most important factor - and then comes price. I had a neighbor once that bought a new water-jet that nobody anywhere in the US had. It was one of the reasons he went out of business.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 08:37:03 PM »
never heard of it but if it is made in China RUN LIKE HELL
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 07:31:49 AM »
They are Chinese but claim to use Japanese and Italian parts http://wiki.embroiderymachine.com/index.php?title=Butterfly_Embroidery_Machine

They are distributed through theembroiderywarehouse.com Does anyone have any feedback on them?

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 10:06:24 AM »
RUN LIKE HELLL, what part of this do you not get, even the Chinese are trying to distance themselves from the Chinese on this one
That is it my last warning, except for ancient Chinese proverb...... buy cheap and forever weep :P
mooseman 
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 10:18:11 AM »
I know a contractor who buys certain tools at Harbor Freight, teling me that they're cheap enough to replace when and if they wear out.
He is 63 years old, and I suspect that that has something to do with it.

In our field, in, for instance, heat presses, I see similarly sized machines ranging from $200 -$3000. I bet that the $200 machine, along with some transfer paper from OffMaxStapot will make some nice gift shirts and work for those Cub Scout and Brownie projects just fine.

Similarly, a cheap embroidery machine may well be fine for a hobby level home based decorator.

Putting a business, with deadlines and a reputation on the line may be a different situation entirely.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 10:54:50 AM »
RUN LIKE HELLL, what part of this do you not get, even the Chinese are trying to distance themselves from the Chinese on this one
That is it my last warning, except for ancient Chinese proverb...... buy cheap and forever weep :P
mooseman 

Easy moosie... didn't say we were buy one of their machines. Just researching options :)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 04:38:13 PM »
I believe the butterfly goes by a bunch of different names but same machine just rebranded

Offline abchung

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 09:53:54 PM »
mooseman 

Easy moosie... didn't say we were buy one of their machines. Just researching options :)
Don't touch embroidery from China. They were a hot sell many years ago. Now we have new customers asking us "Chinese or Japanese?"
That just indicates the quality that is coming out of these Chinese machines.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2015, 11:54:33 PM »

Don't touch embroidery from China. They were a hot sell many years ago. Now we have new customers asking us "Chinese or Japanese?"
That just indicates the quality that is coming out of these Chinese machines.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

The sweet irony here is that China was where embroidery is believed to have originated 2500 years ago!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?