Author Topic: Automatus Screenprintus Idiotus (See also: Doofus Cranius Rectus Invertium)  (Read 1065 times)

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Did I hear my name in the distance!?? (Yo....! Knuckelhead.....!!)

Yes, boys (and girl?) I've snookered myself once again. I wasn't going to admit to this, but some time has passed.

I had to go cut some vinyl on Thursday, and left my press on, to index and warm the platens. (UNattended)

But I left my Patent Pending Shirtboard Location Stickā„¢ sitting on top of the Gauntlet's control panel.

When I returned to print, the aforementioned chunk, a 1.5" X 1.5" square wooden baluster was riding all around the place, busting each S-mesh inked and taped screen.

Right were it landed.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Four cusswords, one for each screen. There is no just emoticon on the list that covers this kind of idocy.

(Name Withheld....)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 01:36:14 PM by Itsa Little CrOoked »

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
explain the use of the baluster.....knucklehead :P

this is one of those situations we have all done, we all knew better but did it anyway because I was only going to be gone a second...next thing you know, you tried to save 10 minutes and it cost you 3 hours, 4 screens and puts you in a mood for the rest of the day haha...excellent.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Feel yo pain, I've been in the dumb zone to many times myself LOL...knock on wood it ain't been for a while now, now watch me F something up in just a few minutes.

D
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
That is not a good day, but if you have a video of it I will laugh with you, not at you!
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline ABuffington

OK, just to make you feel a little better.  Forgot about the pellons left on the press from the night before, had worker fire up press and flashes to cycle it while we went and looked at the production board, an easy 50 yds from press.  Pellons warmed up, curled up, caught on fire.  Proceeded to catch every screen there after on fire.  Polyester mesh burns like a fire cracker.  Heard popping noises and looked around to see all 6 screens on press lit up, air tubes catching fire, dust woolies catching fire.  Thank God for fire extinguishers by the press, by the ovens.  Emptied 4 of em on the press.  Yellow powder every place for years to come.  Coulda been far worse.  Got rid of chemical powder extinguishers and bought expensive halon (SP) gas extinguishers.  Had to replace most air lines, prox sensors with wire, and the nicely burn't paint job kept as a reminder never to leave the press running without an operator near by to watch. 
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Alan.

I just spewed my iced tea all over the dashboard, PARKED in front of the Post Office.

With people staring at me through the windows, wondering if they should call 911.

My disaster wasn't so bad.