Author Topic: Your opinion please?  (Read 2540 times)

Offline stuff4print

Your opinion please?
« on: September 23, 2011, 11:30:50 AM »
At stuff4print.com, like most website based companies (I guess) we are always interested in peoples opinion of our site. Please take a look at stuff4print.com and let us know what you think ... are the products easy to find? How is the checkout process? Are you comfortable purchasing through Google Checkout or PayPal? Any feedback is always welcome, and if you have a website and want feedback, I would be very happy to return the favor.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Your opinion please?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 11:52:54 AM »
I used to print the F. U. C. K. merch

Note, Tony's seemingly random reply actually made sense when first posted because through a technical glitch, the post above temporarily inadvertently contained a phrase using those very initials.
Seriously, you had to be here!  ;D
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 08:15:10 PM by Frog »

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 11:58:04 AM »
I used to print the F. U. C. K. merch

Tony, are you talking about the British designer label? They are FCUK (French Connetcion UK). I can see you printing their stuff, pretty pricey.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 12:05:56 PM »
No But I printed the Van Halen stuff. Call me when you can (your phone # on e-mail is kind of weird)

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 12:24:27 PM »
First of all, it is a bit too much "in your face" with the colors for my taste :)
After looking at it a bit, I would love to see the menu on every page you are on, so you do not have to go back to the previous page on the home page to go and check something else. For example, I'm checking the film, and instead of being able to click to a link and go to check other stuff, I have to go back a page and select it from there.

You should make it as simple an as easy as possible to for the site visitor.

My $.02

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 12:46:49 PM »
I wish I could pay with a credit card. I hate Pay Pal. Other than that I am good.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 12:50:08 PM »
I wish I could pay with a credit card. I hate Pay Pal. Other than that I am good.

You should be able to pay with credit card, the payment just goes through Paypal.

Offline Artelf2xs

•  Celebrating 29 years in the industry
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 04:23:32 PM »
Honestly..... the bright primary colors are kinda gross. the buttons especially hurt my eyes with the text going into a complementary color wobble.

Layout seems a bit messy and over populated.confusing   try pull down menues to direct people as they go make it simpler & cleaner.
elf
Lif'e too short to complain about stuff ( Like typos)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 04:29:01 PM »
No But I printed the Van Halen stuff. Call me when you can (your phone # on e-mail is kind of weird)

That is kind of interesting.  I had a bunch of shirts from that tour.  USED to be a big VH fan.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 04:45:57 PM »
I like the bright primary colors. Many good logo's come from using Primary colors  but it does tend to lend itself more towards the youth.

But then again, what do I know. I' not logo designer. I'm a tee shirt designer. :)

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 04:51:18 PM »
I like the bright primary colors. Many good logo's come from using Primary colors  but it does tend to lend itself more towards the youth.

But then again, what do I know. I' not logo designer. I'm a tee shirt designer. :)

His logo is fine, but the rest of the site is a bit too colorful.

Offline Artelf2xs

•  Celebrating 29 years in the industry
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2011, 12:57:32 PM »
yes color creates a mood.... It does seem to be more "Playful" then professional/
And again Just an opinion.
Lif'e too short to complain about stuff ( Like typos)

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2011, 01:40:20 PM »
no offense -at all -just an outsiders opinion. . . it's freakin horrible. .

it's too cute, looks like it was made in a basement on a 500.00 budget. no flow, where do I go?, everything is yelling at me to click on it, that gets really confusing having too many colors, looks like a daycare website. Pictures and descriptions are huge -you have none. I wouldn't buy from it because it doesn't look like a legit company. I would spend maybe 3 -5 seconds trying to navigate -then it's on to the next website. I know a few guys that buy from you so I know you are legit and all, but if I was to come upon you with a google search -I would probably move to the next site. . again -no offense. . haha. . you can do better, 3-5k should do it.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 07:04:17 PM »
if I was to come upon you with a google search -I would probably move to the next site. .

Interesting... because that's exactly how I found them, a google search. Went to the page, found the film i was looking for in less than a minute, then spent about 9 more minutes checking out what else they had and placed an order. I know the site colors are bright but that didn't turn me away from what i was looking for, good cheap film.

Rememeber, don't judge a book by it's cover, especially a web page as 90% of them are horrible.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011, 12:47:59 AM »
that's what I don't understand = it's the FACE  of your business. . .why do you want your store front to look like. . . poo? I guess us guys that grew up with the internet view websites way different. To me, it's the first line of contact a potential customer has with me, I want it to be top notch and easily find what they are looking for. If everything is yelling "click me, click me" it gets confusing on where to go. It's like making a good sign, sign designs and t-shirt designs are soo different. Get to the point and make it easy to follow. . .but that's just me, I'm a little out in left field anyway haha.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...