Author Topic: Has anyone in here had a .....  (Read 1596 times)

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
Has anyone in here had a .....
« on: September 23, 2011, 02:34:47 PM »
staph injection? i just found out today that a few areas on my right hand that look like dry skin and a burn blister is staph. I've been dealing with it for a month now. in the beginning i went to have it looked at and the doc said "oh yeah thats a bad dry skin problem caused form the chemicals i work with at my job (auto tech as my real job), put hydrocortisone on it 3 times a day and it should be fine. well it didnt so i went back last friday and a different doctor did a culture on it, wrote a script for some anitbiotic to take over the weekend. got my results from the culture and it is some type of staph infection but not MRSA which would be really bad. So stupid me, i webMD staph infection and read up on it and found out that this stuff can freaking kill you....:(

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Has anyone in here had a .....
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 02:40:11 PM »
Yes it can. You need to watch it. I have had several people that I know have it and it did almost killed one of them. Started on his lower leg. They ended up saving him and his leg but it was an 8 month ordeal. When I used to drive an ambulance it was very common to be exposed to it so we were always careful.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline terryei

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 02:43:57 PM »
Can be dangerous, keep it on the outside!
Staph is normal, but.  Keep the area very very clean.  Dr. should proable put you on Antibiotic.  Maybe even a topical antibiotic.
This from my wife, the RN
Terry

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 02:45:24 PM »
It's nothing to scoff at that's for sure.  Staff kills, no doubt about it, I'm surprised it hasn't really done much damage yet since you've had it for this long.  Better take care of that until it's long gone.

Reminds me of my appendix fiasco.  I was having pain in my right side, webmd and a few websites later I diagnosed myself with appendicitis and decided I would tough it out as long as I could.  3 days later it ruptured while I was catching shirts at the end of the dryer, and it was 115 that day inside the shop and that's when the fun really began.  5 days in the hospital because of "sepsis".  The appendix wasn't really a big deal, but the infection that fills your body when it ruptures is what will kill you.  The sickness I felt after it ruptured was totally unlike anything I'd ever felt before or since.  I would have gone to the doctor right away had I known about sepsis and I guess I didn't read the webmd carefully enough to see the part about it.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 02:55:33 PM »
It's nothing to scoff at that's for sure.  Staff kills, no doubt about it, I'm surprised it hasn't really done much damage yet since you've had it for this long.  Better take care of that until it's long gone.

Reminds me of my appendix fiasco.  I was having pain in my right side, webmd and a few websites later I diagnosed myself with appendicitis and decided I would tough it out as long as I could.  3 days later it ruptured while I was catching shirts at the end of the dryer, and it was 115 that day inside the shop and that's when the fun really began.  5 days in the hospital because of "sepsis".  The appendix wasn't really a big deal, but the infection that fills your body when it ruptures is what will kill you.  The sickness I felt after it ruptured was totally unlike anything I'd ever felt before or since.  I would have gone to the doctor right away had I known about sepsis and I guess I didn't read the webmd carefully enough to see the part about it.

Burst appendix kills as many as it does not, you are lucky!
"No man is an island"

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 05:37:15 PM »
Staph is normal, but.  Keep the area very very clean.  Dr. should proable put you on Antibiotic.  Maybe even a topical antibiotic.
Terry
she gave me a script for cipro antibiotic.

Offline prozyan

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 06:02:17 PM »
Cipro....strong stuff.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline terryei

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 06:58:37 PM »
Terry
she gave me a script for cipro antibiotic.
Good stuff, stay on it, take all of it.
Keep clean, away from your mouth (and other orifaces)
You'll be fine.
Dr. Terry
YES THAT ORIFACE TOO!

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 07:24:24 PM »
So I can have sex just not with my finger...:)

Offline terryei

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 07:52:43 PM »
So I can have sex just not with my finger...:)
"have sex"
Huh,
That's kind of a relative term. (no not as in sister-in-law)
If you have had sex in the past with your finger, not that there's anything wrong with that, I would avoid this until the staph is gone.  You DON'T want to get staph on the inside of yourself or anybody else! 
Dr. Terry
I used to be an analysis and a therapist.  Gave up on trying to be both at the same time, an analrapist.  It didn't look good on the business card or the sign out front?

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 11:36:09 PM »
I had MRSA 3 years ago, picked it up at a local gym on my leg, in hospital for 6 days 105 temp almost died lost 35 lbs in a week it was hell. I have nerve damage and still get shooting pain in leg where it was. Don't mess around it.
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline Artelf2xs

•  Celebrating 29 years in the industry
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2011, 01:03:21 PM »
See my facebook      facebook.com/artelf2xs     I'm still 3000 in the hole for the infection I got from gardening without gloves..... the pictures are not very pretty.... from the red streaks up my arm to the dead little finger..... my whole left side was numb without feeling.
and yes I was scared I would loose my arm, But the Doctors told me no worries, It will kill you first :O
Lif'e too short to complain about stuff ( Like typos)