Author Topic: Geico is some B-OCHES!!!  (Read 3388 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Geico is some B-OCHES!!!
« on: September 24, 2011, 11:04:21 PM »
They just caused my CC to go over it's limit because they ASSumed based on "statistics" that my daughter had gotten her license since she's had her permit for a year now.

They also just decided what car she is driving which caused the rate to DOUBLE vs go up only $50 bucks like we were quoted when talking about what it would cost IF she got her license and put her on the Saturn Vue.

Needless to say I was pretty LIVID!

They said "well, statistically after a child has their permit a year..."  I interrupted her and said "statistically speaking when someone takes money that is not theirs to take it is called THEFT!"

Add to that the bitch was "3 minutes from getting off" so she was trying to be as dismissive as she could to get off the phone with me.  I called her out on that BS and she quickly retreated from that.  She refused to hang up till I disconnected after that. :)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 07:54:46 PM by Dottonedan »

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
Re: Geico is some BITCHES!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 11:14:05 PM »
I've never had any problems with any insurance company but I did read that insurance companies have raised homeowners rates just because somebody called to ask "what if" scenario questions.
Even though a relationship with a local agent is no guarantee of better service, the local face-to-face agent can tweak rates and apply other discounts.
The face-to-face meeting with an agent really changes the dynamic vs a phone only agent is some other state.
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 11:27:02 PM »
Yeah, my biz insurance is with a local agent.  I did ask him to get me quotes and he just never called back.  Maybe he knew he couldn't beat the rates I currently had so didn't bother.

Well, he did take his computers to me after I got setup with him.  So I'm giving another shot at the IP insurance... when(if) he calls back with that I'll have him check into the Auto again... I'm ready to move at this point.

Offline squeezee

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 05:41:45 AM »
Thats BRILLIANT!
Can you charge some customers for a repeat order on the grounds that 30% reorder within a year and it was simply their turn?
imagesetters for screenprinting  A Troll-free zone :-)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 07:45:40 AM »
Of all things, I hate Ins. more than Taxes. >:(

I had an Art director who was near retirement had his Ins. raise the rates on him dramatically because he had never had an accident "ever". They said statistically, that he was due any time.

I had driving daughter issue as well. The first time it happened, we sent them notice that she had moved to on her own and we are taking her off of our Ins. They didn't believe us and charged us anyways. We called to take care of it. They said it's their policy to continue to charge (and will not stop) until we can prove (PROVE) that our daughter has moved out. I said,  I am your proof. I'm telling you she did and I (who pays this bill) want her name taken off now). She refused and referred to the policy. So, we had to get post office changes and all that crap. They still continued to charge us until we paid a lawyer to send a letter.  They are THIEVES. It's a legal way to steel from you and they have the governments support so what's to stop them? They fear nobody.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 08:07:15 AM »
Yep that's why I went with Amica.  Oh and by the way Amica cost was substantially lower than ALL the "discount" companies.  Geico...Progressive...etc.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 08:19:33 AM »
Of all things, I hate Ins. more than Taxes. >:(

I had an Art director who was near retirement had his Ins. raise the rates on him dramatically because he had never had an accident "ever". They said statistically, that he was due any time.

I had driving daughter issue as well. The first time it happened, we sent them notice that she had moved to on her own and we are taking her off of our Ins. They didn't believe us and charged us anyways. We called to take care of it. They said it's their policy to continue to charge (and will not stop) until we can prove (PROVE) that our daughter has moved out. I said,  I am your proof. I'm telling you she did and I (who pays this bill) want her name taken off now). She refused and referred to the policy. So, we had to get post office changes and all that crap. They still continued to charge us until we paid a lawyer to send a letter.  They are THIEVES. It's a legal way to steel from you and they have the governments support so what's to stop them? They fear nobody.

It's about that time that I'd cancel that policy. Screw 'em. Then call 'em back and ask 'em if they miss the exorbitant premiums they'd been socking you with?
Here's what I don't get with the ads for car insurance. Every one of them promise average savings of around $400 a year. If there were any truth to that, it seems like you could keep switching policies every year, paying $400 less every year, until it was free. Something  tells me that it doesn't work that way. Maybe there's a disclaimer at the bottom, unreadable, that states that advertised savings are not typical, like they do in the ads that promise if you eat their food, you'll get skinny.
Only thing worse than insurance companies is lawyers. And some preachers.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 09:10:35 AM »
Thats BRILLIANT!
Can you charge some customers for a repeat order on the grounds that 30% reorder within a year and it was simply their turn?

Yeah, I brought that up.  They CLAIMED they sent me a letter.  I said, well before you increase someone's bill DOUBLE on an ASSumption, I'd think you would call and make sure first.  In today's day and age I don't open every piece of generic looking mail.  They claimed they emailed... I proved they didn't, only spam.  I then said "so when I have a customer bring in a computer and it comes out to double the estimate can I just do the work and charge it?  No, I call them and inform them that there were more problems and it will be double and is that ok."

I was so aggravated.  I told them, you have no problem finding out if I have a speeding ticket even if I don't tell you, but couldn't be bothered to verify if she actually HAD a DL!

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 01:14:18 PM »
In California.. not a single carrier can match the rates of Geico and my discounts. I try all the time with quotes and begged State Farm to match the rates. I just hope I never actually have to use them. 
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 02:33:12 PM »
I have been out of the insurance adjusting business for a few years, but from experience, the cheaper the rates, the harder the company was to deal with in the event of a claim....As I recall State Farm was not very cheap but they were one of the best I had to deal with in the event of a claim...So I guess the saying "You get what you pay for" applies....

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2011, 07:18:33 PM »
I've got Geico for my motorcycle. Never had a claim on it, but I've been rear ended in cars twice by people who had Geico and they settled up with me quick. My first cycle policy was through Allstate, which also had my car and homeowners insurance, and it was $300 a year at the time. Geico was $96. It isn't much more now, almost 30 years later.

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2011, 08:00:49 PM »
I've got Geico for my motorcycle. Never had a claim on it, but I've been rear ended in cars twice by people who had Geico and they settled up with me quick. My first cycle policy was through Allstate, which also had my car and homeowners insurance, and it was $300 a year at the time. Geico was $96. It isn't much more now, almost 30 years later.

It isn't much more because you're 30 years older. And presumably, 30 years wiser, slower, more boring, ergo... in theory, safer.
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 08:53:43 PM »

It isn't much more because you're 30 years older. And presumably, 30 years wiser, slower, more boring, ergo... in theory, safer.

More so because motorcycles can't cause that much damage.  He is speaking strictly of liability... full coverage can be retarded on bike because it takes so little to do so much damage.

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2011, 08:54:48 PM »

Good. Let's keep 'em thinking that!

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
Re: Geico is some B-OCHES!!!
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2011, 08:01:42 AM »
I called Geico once. They gave me a 6 month quote that was only $50 more that my insurance that I had at that pint. That was for exact coverages and features I had with other insurance co.
Just to mention that my other quote was a yearly quote that was $50 LESS than Geico's 6 month quote.