Author Topic: i-image  (Read 2693 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: i-image
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2015, 08:10:00 PM »
We have two acti-cam DTS units. We build multi page files in illustrator in spot colors and the rip outputs the individual pages. An example might be that page 1 (post rip) has gold and white and page 2 has the underboss. The reason for multiple pages is because our jobs may have 3 or locations on within one file. We use a harlequin rip.

I'm not sure, since since I have never tested it, but it makes sense then, that when placing or opening the multi page PDF in illy, it would open, giving multiple art boards. Aka multi pages. I'll look into it.

Multiple art boards (pages) are used when you want to keep all locations inside one file. Front, left sleeve, right sleeve, back, bottom Seam location etc. all withing one file.  Then you just save out that specific art board when you want to print. So I think it can be done, just not a typical procedure.

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850